Chapter 1!

Mei's POV:

Dad, you know I'm afraid of heights," I hid behind him when I saw the giant rollercoaster in front of me.

“If you are afraid of heights, you will be missing the beauty behind it”, he turned towards me and cupped my face, “Mei, sometimes your fear can stop you from enjoying the beauty behind. It's OK to be afraid but don't dwell on it", saying that he held my hand and pulled me towards it.  When I walked in, I shut my eyes firmly daring not to open it. I sensed the movement and realized that, we began to move upward. I held my father's hand very firmly, "Dad...." I heaved a deep sigh.

"Open your eyes, Mei...", he made me open my eyes and what I saw was so beautiful. The sun was setting and the town was lit up. I felt my heart fluttering seeing it.

"Look... it's so beautiful right," he asked me looking in the same direction which held me captive.

I nodded my head and put my head on his shoulders enjoying it.

I woke up falling down when I heard someone banging on my door. I groaned and stood up to sit on the bed. That was just a dream. I cursed the one who woke me from the beautiful dream and responded to the door, "Yes"

"Madam... it's time to prepare for school," replied one of our maids behind the door.  After my father's death, since I was 17, my grandfather became my legal guardian and moved me back here. I was here when I was so young, about three or four, and then I travelled around the world with my father. It was a fantastic experience for me and I loved my father so much. He made me understand the meaning of life. After he died, my life turned into a roller coaster. Here I am for another journey of my life. I don't know where that's going to take us. But my father helped me deal with them.

"I'll be down in half an hour", I shouted and went to shower and get ready.  After half an hour I came down to see food placed on the table and, as usual, I could not see my grandfather. He's a very busy man, one of the richest people who runs so many industries without time for his family. That's one reason my father left the Aihara industries to pursue his dream.  He never let me eat breakfast alone and say it's time that binds the family. I sighed again and ate breakfast walking towards the car which was ready for me.

It's the first day of Aihara school and yes, it belongs to my grandfather. What I heard was they follow strict discipline and one of the best schools in the state. My grandfather asked me not to disappoint him and I was okay with that. I breathed when I entered the school hoping that it would give me life again.