Chapter 16!

Yuzu’ POV:

It’s been 2 weeks after I found out that Mei was the girl whom I have been missing and also we started wearing the bracelets in our hands so others could see as well. I explained everything to Haru and she was so happy for me. But, becoming Mei’s friend didn’t mean that she would go easy on me during training. Though she started sharing her stories that she travelled across the world before and after training, during the training she would be so strict. A single glare of her would be a death for me.

Since Mei came I forgot that I had a boyfriend. After the incident we had at his place, he didn’t connect with me for two days but eventually we sorted it out and started hanging. But, it was so tough with the training. I felt bad for not giving time for him.  Also, I want Mei to get introduced to my boyfriend. As usual, after training she was sitting with me on bench looking unto the tree. I don’t know what she sees in it.

“Hey Mei…”, I called her softly and sat beside her. She hummed slowly but since I didn’t give her any reply, she looked unto me raising her eyebrows to know what it is. I gulped as I had a tension if Mei will approve my boyfriend, though my mind was saying he was my boyfriend before she came.

“I… I .. Would you….”, I struggled to get the words.

“What happened Yuzu? you know right.. you can tell me anything and everything?”, she squeezed my hands.

Getting the courage, I continued, “I would like to introduce you my boyfriend. Will you come with me tomorrow?”. I didn’t get an answer. It seems she was thinking so much. I waited for her answer.

“You don’t have to if you never wish”, I told her. But my heart ached.

“It’s alright Yuzu, I will come”,  she said and started walking away.

I took my bag and started running towards her to make sure if she said that for real, “Are you sure”, I asked her again and she nodded before getting into her car. She waved her hand and left. There is something off as she didn’t hug me. We got into a habit of hugging before we leave after the training. I don’t want to think that much, so I left home hoping tomorrow would be fine.

Mei’s POV:

My mind drifted to what Yuzu said after I reached home. I skipped dinner. I didn’t feel like eating. It ached when she said she wants me to meet her boyfriend. I should not have crush on my best friend right? But, it is not helping my heart. I got used to the warmth from Yuzu. we had couple of movie night getting snuggled for sleeping. I felt like she is my home. Does she feel the same? I didn’t realise I was crying, but I left the thoughts to drift to sleep.