Chapter 5!

Yuzu’s POV:

I didn’t expect Mei to be a sports person and to my surprise, she played so well. How come she is not involved in any sports here. After she left, I practiced for an hour and left home.

“Mom, I am home”, I yelled while entering the place which I love so much.

“Over here Yuzu.. at the Kitchen”, she yelled at me back. I put my bag on the couch and bee lined to  the kitchen where she was standing. I never looked like her, I got all my features from my dad – blonde hair and green eyes, but my traits is from my mom. She encouraged me so much to join the sports when everyone pushed their kids to study. She doesn’t miss any of my game. After dad died, she worked hard for me and she is my best friend. I love her so much.

“How is your day?”, she asked me when I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her cheek.

“It was great”, a smile crept on my face when I remembered Mei playing with me.

“What is that smile?”, my mom teased me.

“I got a friend, who would play with me for tennis and she is so good”, I smiled at her.

“Oh… how come she was not part of any sports before”, she questioned me.

I frowned and looked at her, “She is a transfer student and still she is not part of any sports team. She just played with me”, I wondered why is she not playing.

“Why not?”, my mom whisper yelled for which I shrugged and went to my room. I washed myself and started watching some movies, but my mind lingered on Mei. For some reason, she pulls me like a magnet. I want to be her friend and know her more. There is a pain and sorrow in her eyes and I want to take everything away from her. My thoughts were interrupted when my mom called me out for dinner. Dinner went usual mom sharing her stories at office and me sharing mine at school. We both are open to each other and never hide anything.

I went back to my room and sleep deprived me sooner. The next day I woke up late as it was a weekend. When I went down, Mom has already left to her office leaving a note. I had my breakfast and called the one person who would come with me anywhere.

After an hour, I met her at the shopping mall, with a big hug, “Yuzuchi… I missed you”.

I rolled my eyes and replied back, “Haru, we just saw each other yesterday at school”.

“But still…..”, she looked around and jumped like a kid, “Shopping today….”, she grabbed my hand and pulled me everywhere she went.

After an hour of shopping, we went to a restaurant and had our lunch. When we were about to walk out, a voice stopped me.

“Excuse me…”, I looked at the person who said this. He was handsome and had a dark hair. Any girl would fall for him.

“Yes?”, Haru asked raising an eyebrow.

He hesitantly walked towards me and said, “I study in the school next to yours. I have seen you often and also I have watched your plays”. I nodded asking him to continue talking.

“I like you so much. Will you go on a date with me?”, he asked shyly. For some reason, I liked it. I stared at him for few minutes and saw that he was telling it truly.

“My name is Yuzu”, I gave him the hands to shake.

“I am Charles”, he shook my hand and waited.

“And for your date, yes”, I smiled at him. He jumped and yelled which made everyone to notice him.

Haru looked shocked on the things that just happened. I kissed him on his cheek and pulled his mobile giving my number and taking his and grabbed her to the car.

“What is it?”, she asked me.

“I like him”, I shrugged.

“Yuzuchi in love”, she hugged and said, “I am happy for you”.

I reached home and took the box which I would like to see whenever I am happy or sad. I opened the box to see a bracelet which I had from my childhood days. I was given by my friend whose name I never knew. But, she would be my best friend forever. I smiled at the bracelet and kept it back inside to go for a peaceful sleep.