Chapter 19!

Yuzu’s POV:

I tried avoiding Mei as much as I can. I should not have feelings for her. She is just my friend. Though, she wants to give me some space as she knew I am trying to avoid her, during training it is different. I was not able to concentrate.

“Yuzu…”, she gave a stern look.

“Uhn….” I glanced at her.

“Concentrate….”, She told me and I nodded. After training, I sat at the bench watching her. She came towards me and had her arms crossed looking at me. I know that look. She wants me to tell her what is it bothering me? How can I when the thoughts about her is bothering me.

I cleared my throat to say something but I couldn’t. She sighed and hugged me which made me to relax for some reason.

“I will see you tomorrow Yuzu”, she said and walked away. I didn’t know what to do. Only person who can help me with this is Haru. When I was about to call, I got a message from Charlie. Great timing. I felt guilty. I no longer felt the love with him. He has become distant now a days after the meet with Mei. Is it the reason I am getting attracted to Mei? May be? I sighed and looked at the message sent by Charlie.

Charlie – Babe, I miss you. Can you come to my house tomorrow?

Yuzu – I miss you too. I have practice tomorrow.

Charlie – You can come after practice. Since it is weekend, you can stay at my house.

Yuzu – I am not sure. I have early morning practice the next day.

Charlie – Babe, please…..

I didn’t want to answer her. I just threw the mobile in my bag and started to home.

Mei’s POV:

Why is Yuzu avoiding me? Did I do something wrong. She is not herself.  I am too worried about her. She was sleeping with me for the past one week in my house stating she doesn’t want to leave me alone at night. It helped me to sleep well. But today, she ignored me and went home. I didn’t want to push her though. She will eventually come back. I will just give her needed space.

The next day, training went fast. There was an improvement on her side but the spark was missing.

“Hey”, she said and I turned towards her and looked unto her eyes. One thing with Yuzu is she know what I am asking for, without me opening her mouth. She scratched her next which she usually do when she is nervous.

“I… I am going to Charlie’s house today”, she said hesitantly. Though it hurts, I want her to be happy. I nodded my head at her.

I started walking but turned around and said, “Don’t forget the practice tomorrow”.

She nodded her head and ran towards her car. Next day, I was waiting for her in the ground. I got permission in school to use the ground for her practice during weekends and here I am waiting with no sign of Yuzu. I waited for two hours only to be pissed off.

I was so much angry and I drove my car towards her house and knocked at the door hardly.

“Hey dear”, her mom greeted me. I tried to smile but failed.
What happened?”, she asked me.

“Nothing Mam… I came here to check on yuzu as she didn’t come for practice today”, I told her.

“She came late night yesterday but didn’t speak to me. She was upset. I thought you both fought and please stop calling me Mam”, she told me sadly. What happened to her?

“Go see her”, she shoved me towards her room.

I knocked her door and went inside to see her crying. Seeing me she cried so much and hugged. It hurt seeing her like this.

“What happened Yuzu?”, I asked her while caressing her face.

“He… he cheated on me”, it took time for her to reply. I clenched my fist and yelled, “ I am going to kill him”. I tried walking out but she held me.

“Please stay with me”, she pleaded and I couldn’t say no. I went into her covers and she laid her head on my chest and I stroked her hair. Within few minutes, I heard a soft snore which meant she slept. Hearing her heartbeat, I felt asleep as well with my best friend… yes… she is just a friend.