Chapter 13!

Yuzu’s POV:

The next day, I got up so lazy from my bed and got ready to school. I didn’t feel like eating.

“Yuzu dear, what happened? You don’t look good”, my mom asked me when I was about to go out of the house.

I just shrugged, “maybe I am so tired, I will be alright mom”, though my mom didn’t believe me she let it go as she knows me. Talking to me when I do not want to share will just end up with problems. It will not resolve anything. I tried pushing what happened with Charlie from my mind and tried concentrating on school and tennis tournament. I didn’t get any messages then from Charlie.

“Yuzu chi… you look like a mess”, my best friend cried, when I was taking my things from my locked. I just nodded.

“Want to talk about it?”, she asked and I just nodded No. I felt some eyes on me and when I saw it was Mei. It hurt seeing her. I couldn’t see the sparkle in her eyes. It was red and her cheeks were puffy – she should have cried and haven’t slept well, I guess.  However, why do I care?

After class, I went to my coach to apologize for my behavior.

“Hey coach”, I cleared my throat.

He just nodded and waved his hand to continue. “I am sorry for my behavior. I am ready to be get coached by Mei”, I told him. I shouldn’t take anything personally if I have to win. If coach is so sure about her, then I should give a try. He will just say what is best for me. He knows me so well from childhood days and he cares about me.

He gave a smile and replied, “I will try to talk with Mei and now, go practice”. I gave a wide grin and ran towards the ground. It’s good to be back there.

Mei’s POV:

I was working on some report in student council room and then I heard a knock at the door. It was already past 5 and I am not sure who would be there in school still. Everyone left except me. I just stayed as I do not want to go home. When  I asked the person to come in, it was the coach. I sighed seeing him as I know why he is approaching me.

I nodded my head before he asks me anything, “No coach, I cannot do it”

Coach came and sat before me and said, “Do it for me Mei, for your dad…”, I got up when I heard it.

Tears started flowing by. Martin is good friend of my dad and that’s the reason he knew about my championship and everything.

“I cannot do it Martin”, I stressed it with his name to show that I am not interested. He asked me to come near a window and see the blonde playing. She was very happy in the ground. I have seen it. Something skipped in my heart.

“Do it for her please… this is what she lives for”, he said and I hesitated. Then I thought what my dad said. He will always say we need to help others whenever we get a chance. It is not a choice to help others.

“Ok Martin, I will”, I told him and continued, “But, I have my rules and no one should interfere it”.

He nodded his head, “ Yes, no one will” and he asked me to come to the ground. When I went with him, I saw Yuzu playing with her ball alone.
Yuzu….”, Martin screamed and Yuzu came running.

“Yes coach”, she said and looked at me. “Mei will be coaching you and she will be telling all her tricks”, he said and she nodded without taking her eyes from me. He left leaving us alone. We stayed silent for 5 minutes and then I started to talk.

“We have 2 months from today for the tournament.  And we will be practicing morning and evening, 3 days in a week. I want you to follow the diet which I give to stay healthy. Also, I need you to take this seriously. I will also provide some exercise which would increase your stamina. Last, no mobile phones while in ground and no talking against me when I say something”, I finished and noticed her. She was still looking in my eyes. I cleared my throat.

“Yes Mei, I will do everything you told. Thanks for coaching me and I am sorry for saying things on you”, her words conveyed truth.

“It’s alright and I don’t care what others say about me”, it just slipped from my mouth and her eyes showed the hurt when I said it.

“Let’s start from tomorrow. Come to this ground by 6 o clock and we will practicing till 7. You can either go home and refresh and come back to school or you can do it at school itself. And morning food, I will be bringing for you. Ok?”, I said in a stern tone.

She nodded her head. “See you tomorrow Yuzu”, I said and walked from there without waiting for her reply. What have I gotten into?