Chapter 18!

Mei’s POV:

Mei, do you like it?, my dad asked me giving a teddy to me. I loved it when I saw it. He gave me that teddy for my birthday and I named it as Kumagro.

Every night, I slept with it. It became my friend. For my next birthday, dad took me to a cake shop and I got my favorite strawberry ice cake and  started eating. I was trying to steal Dad’s cake as well, when someone stood before us. He was tall, well built, dressed like a body guard.

“Mr. Aihara?”, he asked my father.

“Yes, but who are you?”, dad questioned him back and looked back to me smiling. In a fraction of second, it all happened. He took the gun and shot my dad on his head and I freezed. He turned towards me and short me on my hand. I was lying down seeing my dad die. No one helped us, until a cop came calling for an ambulance. The guy who shot us left without any charge. He is still roaming out is what I heard? I didn’t understand why did he shoot my dad… and the name “Aihara” I hated it so much. That name caused my dad’s death.

I started panicking in my sleep. I got up sweaty hugging my teddy back trying to sleep but couldn’t. All I see is my dad lying on a pool of blood. I heard someone knocking the door.

“Sara, I don’t want anything. Please leave me alone”, I said with a shaky voice.

“It’s me”, came a soft voice. I didn’t want to deal with her but I cannot just push her. She is all I have. I let her in. Once she came in, she sat at the edge of the bed looking into my facial features.

Yuzu’z POV:

She looked like a crap with black eyes.

“Are you not sleeping well Mei?”, I asked her. She started crying. I just went to the side of her bed where she sat and hugged her. She laid on my chest and I heard her sobbing. After few minutes, I saw her sleeping on my arms.I placed her carefully on the bed and tucked her in. When I was about to leave, her hand grabbed my wrist and she said in a whisper, “Please stay”.

I went into the covers and wrapped my arms around her and she laid on my chest and I felt her sleeping well. I quickly sent a message to my mom stating I am staying at Mei’s home.

The next day, I saw her hugging me tightly not letting me go. She was so beautiful. I examined her features. I didn’t know what happed to her dad and why is she not getting enough sleep. But my heart couldn’t see her cry.  Even in her vulnerable state she looked gorgeous. What? What am I thinking? She is my best friend and I have a boyfriend. While trying to get away from her hold, she opened her beautiful eyes and gave me a small smile. If looks could kill. She could be death of me.

“Yuzu, thank you so much. I had a good sleep after so many years”, she said breaking my heart.

“What? You didn’t sleep well for years”, I asked her stroking her hair.

“After my father’s death, I get nightmares, so I couldn’t….”, tears started rolling down in her eyes. I wiper it and gave a kiss on her forehead.

“Hey… it’s ok. I am always there for you, Mei… I will always be”,  I kissed her again on her forehead to show my affecting.

“Can you please stay for a while… I just want to have some time of sleep”, she gave her puppy eyes.

I smiled at her and nodded, “I will be here when you are awake”. She hugged me again and started sleeping hearing my heartbeat. But I couldn’t. I can see my heart beating fast.  Why does it? It didn’t when I was with Charlie. I looked back to Mei and wondered what is she doing to me.