Chapter 28!

Mei’s POV:

I am not sure, how my grandfather came at the right time when Margaret was trying to torture me, but, I assume it is the work of Yuzu. My grandfather announced immediately over the Mic to the school, that Margaret has been removed and I replaced her as Student Council President, which to my surprise everyone welcomed it including the minions who use to go behind Margaret. After the announcement my grandfather took me home stating he wants to talk with me. I am worried about that now. The car travel is very slow and I am afraid if he knows about me and Yuzu. Will he accepts us? Anyways, I do not want his acceptance, as I would be moving out once I become 18. I have been saving money and my dad’s apartment over here which no one knows will come to me once I turn 18.

We entered our place in silence, and my grandfather was looking at me in my eyes, rather than trying to find something in my eyes – guilt? Fear? Not sure what he is expecting, but I am not going to give him what he needs.

“Mei”, his voice came out to be a surprise than the usual hard tone. I looked unto him, only to see tears dropping from his eyes.

“I am sorry for my behavior”, now his voice cracked, “I didn’t want to get closer with you as I was afraid to be alone again”. Now, I understood from his shoes, he was not contacted by dad, as my dad was very adamant stating that my grandfather never cared for him. But, it was just he didn’t want to get hurt.

“I loved your father so much but I was little hard on him, as I want him to take up my position once he turns to be a man… but he had other plans. Though I didn’t like, I started accepting it but, he never came back to me. Most hard thing was he took you with him”, he sat on the couch looking down. “Do you know how much I missed you? The day when I heard about my son’s death was the worth.. from that day, I wanted to protect you and you came like just your father – a free-spirited lady who wants to explore”, he chuckled. I smiled hearing it. “I am afraid of losing you, Mei… that’s the reason I forbidden you from playing and doing things which you would like, but I didn’t realise how it would have hurt you. And that girl took it as an advantage to dominate you. How dare she would do that to my grandchild?”.

That was enough for me to go an hug him. I thought he didn’t love me but he was just afraid of loving me to lose it.

“Grandpa… you wouldn’t lose me. You are all I have now and I need my family. I love to explore – yes, like my dad but at the same time, I would also like to do it with you. And I would take up the position after you. That doesn’t mean I cannot explore. I can do both”, I sniffed feeling his warmth against me which remind me of my dad.

His eyes were shining when I told that like it came to life, “I would love to travel across with you and I will help you in all the tasks which would  mend you to take up my position”, he kissed me in my forehead which I was wanting from the day I saw him. I was very happy. We had dinner which was not in a silent mode like everyday. We talked and he asked me questions to know about me more.

Once finished, he kissed me again in my forehead, “Now, go to bed… you have a training with Yuzu tomorrow right? Go…” he shooed me…. This day would never get better. I nodded my head excitingly on my way to bedroom to call up my girlfriend.