Start Of The Day

"Wake up!" Ugh who the hell is waking me up. I bet it's Sabrina. She's my younger sister. I'm twenty one and she's eighteen.

"Go away..." I grumbled and dig my head more into the pillow. I suddenly feel the bed sheets ripped away from me. I sit up and growl at her. "Let me sleep or you're dead." I grab the sheets again and cover myself.

"Oh come on! The big alpha meeting is happening this week and we are leaving today! Aren't you excited to see your mate?" I look up and see her looking at me with excitement. Ever since I turned nineteen, which is the age you get to find your mate, she's been living her mate fantasy through me. I actually couldn't go to the bi-yearly Alpha family meeting last time because I had my heat that week. Luckily for me it happened last week this time. The bi-yearly Alpha meeting is when all the Alpha's gather in a big hotel and all of the Alpha's and their families get to talk and it's also very known to help wolves find their mates. It's kind of like a big family reunion. Well except for the finding your mate part.

"Don't get your hopes up Sabrina. It is possible that my mate might not be there."

"I know, but I just want you to be with your mate! Ever since you turned nineteen you never went out to find him!" It's not that I don't want a mate of course I do. But I'm not going to go out of my way to find him. I'm still the Alpha's daughter so I do have some duties to do in my pack. If I went and asked my dad if I could leave to find my mate he would let me, but I would never do that. I'll let the world decide when I'll see him. Besides, I don't want to through all the trouble of finding him and be rejected. It may be rare but rejection is a thing and I know I'm nowhere perfect, both inside and out. Suddenly someone knocks on the door interrupting my thoughts.

"Sabrina, did you fail at getting Y/n up?" Now Xavier is bothering me. My brother Xavier who is 24, is going to become the new Alpha in a couple of months. Our pack is called Dark Twilight. I've been helping his mate Maya who's 23, plan his ceremony.

"Ugh can everyone just get out of my room..."

"Not until you get up to get ready. Or else I'll get mom in here." Damn it, he used the mom card. I slowly get up from my bed glaring at him.

"There I'm up. Happy?"

"That's how you get your sister up." He nudged Sabrina's arm.

"Yeah whatever, now get out." They both leave and I start getting ready. I had most of my suitcase packed, I just need to put some last minute stuff in. The meeting is two full days not including getting there and leaving. So a total of four days my family is away from our pack. My parents, Xavier, Maya, Sabrina and I are all going. My sister and I will share a room. I'm finally done getting dressed and have everything packed. I take my suitcase and start walking out my room.

"Need help kitten?" Ew. I have to deal with him? I keep walking not looking next to me.

"Nope, and stop calling me that Aiden." Aiden is my fathers beta's son. So I have to deal with him a lot. I'm glad he's not becoming the next beta. He's been trying to get with me since I was sixteen and he's been getting worse since then. It doesn't help that I haven't found my mate yet. I don't even understand why he calls me kitten we're fucking werewolves.

"Come on, how about after your trip we have some fun? You must have a lot pent up for being alone for so long. Girls do have their needs." If I could hit him right now I would. He's so lucky he's the beta's son and I have so much respect for his father. I don't know how his son became such a jerk.

"How about after this trip you leave me the fuck alone. Besides no girl wouldn't even feel pleasure with your thing being so small." I could feel that he stopped walking but I keep going until I reach the front door of our pack house. Once I do Leon comes towards me.

"Hey Y/n! Do you want me to take your suitcase?" That's Xavier's best friend. He's 24 too and soon to be his beta. I hand him over my suitcase.

"Thank you Leon. Is everyone else out here already?" I asked.

"Yep. You were the last one to come out. You're riding with Xavier and Maya." I follow him to the car I'm going to be riding in and he puts my suitcase in the trunk.

"Ok, by the way are you coming?" I wasn't sure since he hasn't officially been made beta.

"Not yet. I will next time when I'm officially Xavier's beta." I thought so.

"Oh ok. Then I'll see you in a few days, bye Leon."

"Bye Y/n." He leaves and goes to Xavier to talk with him. I'm about to just sit in the car when someone called my name.

"Y/n!" I turned my head and see that it was my dad. I immediately go over to my parents.

"Yes dad?"

"Do you have everything?"

"Yes I do, don't worry this hasn't been my first time doing this." I've been going to this thing since I was five.

"But you did miss last year."

"That doesn't mean anything."

"Are you looking forward to it?" My mom asked me.

"Why would I be looking forward to it?" I don't dread going but it's not exactly exciting to go either.

"Well you might find your mate there." I swear Sabrina got her personality from mom. They are both bothering me to meet my mate. As if I get to choose when and where I'll meet them.

"Yeah, and I might not. Don't get so excited for something that might not happen." I walk away before my mom could say anything more. I go into the backseat of the car and just close my eyes. Ugh I can't deal with both her and Sabrina on that topic.

"But what if we do find him?" That's my wolf Arya.

"You don't know that, they put that thought into our head." I said to her.

"Maybe. But I have a feeling that's something's going to happen when we get there." I roll my eyes at her and Xavier and Maya finally get inside the car. Xavier starts driving and they start talking about what's planned for the three day meeting. Maya notices I haven't said anything.

"Y/n, are you okay?" I give her a fake smile.

"Yeah I'm just tired."

"Oh ok, then you should sleep. We do have a couple of hours before we get there. I nod and rest my head on car window. If my mate is actually there, I just don't want to be a disappointment for him. The second I think that I heard Arya whine in the back of my head.

"Our mate would never."

"It has happened before to others. I just hope you're right." I stop thinking of it after that and fall asleep in the car.