Working Together

More than a week has gone by and things between Mason and I are so much better. We worked out a schedule where I help him with his paperwork Mondays and Wednesdays. Then I go to daycare Tuesdays and Thursday. Then on Fridays I help him before I go to the pack meeting. There's also been days this past week where he's still working when I come back from daycare. So I've helped him out before dinner. Right now it's Wednesday and I'm in Mason's office with him. He got me a desk and put it right next to his. As we are both working Theo comes in.

"I have the reports on the neighboring packs. They have also noticed the increase in rogues." He places the reports on his desk.

"Thanks for doing that Theo. It's a pain to have to contact so many neighboring packs. Tell Ashton to add two more people patrolling around at nights." Mason says.

"You got it."

"Didn't Alpha Carlos tell you that he wasn't that worried about it?" I ask Mason.

"He did. But I'd rather be extra cautious than to just brush it off. Besides, Alpha Carlos has a bigger pack than us. So he has more people patrolling on a day-to-day basis than we do." He's right. It would be easier for a rogue attack to happen to us than to the Wolfang pack. But wait... The Dark Twilight pack is even smaller than ours.

"What about my family's pack? It's smaller than ours." Mason puts his hand on mine comforting my worries.

"Don't worry. The sighting of rogues have been on the left side of our pack." That's a relief. My family is distracted with Xavier being the new Alpha right now. Rogues would take advantage of that.

"I did contact your dad just so that he knows about it." Theo says to me.

"Thank you Theo." That's sweet of Theo to do that for me. At least my dad is aware of it.

"Before you go Theo, you can take this stack." Mason grabs the stack of paper him and I worked on today and gives it to him.

"You finished all of this?!" Theo asks shocked holding it in his hands.

"Yes. It went a lot faster with Y/n helping." Mason smiles at me.

"I don't think I've ever seen you so caught up in your work before." Adds Theo.

"That's because I'm here." I say.

"Well if you're all caught up, how about we all hang out together on Saturday? We haven't relaxed in a while and we can invite Jace." Theo suggests.

"That's a good idea Theo." I nod agreeing with Mason. That would be so much fun! I bet Mason hasn't taken a day off and just had some fun in a while.

"Great! I'll let Jace and Lillian know. I'll see you two for dinner later."

"Alright." Mason nods.

"Bye Theo." I wave goodbye to Theo as he leaves. Then Mason and I get back to work. After a while I start to feel hungry. Ugh how much longer till dinner? I look at the clock and see that there's still a few hours until then. Damn, but I'm hungry now. Maybe I'll get Mason and I a snack. I stand up from my desk and Mason looks towards me.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm just going to get a snack. Do you want something?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I'm a little hungry. I'll have anything you bring back."

"Ok." I leave the office and head to the kitchen. Now what kind of snack can I bring back? Ooooh how about some pretzels? That sounds like a good idea. I grab the bag and some water.

"Luna?" I turn around and see a girl with shoulder-length, wavy black hair. I feel like I've seen her before.

"Yes, that's me. Can I help with something?" I put my bag and waters on the table.