Dinner Time

Daniel and I head over to the kitchen. Aunt Harper, Uncle Ryder, and Lillian are already there. Lillian sees me first.

"Hey Y/n! Can you help set up the table?"

"Sure." I walk over to her and she hands me some plates.

"I want to help too!" Daniel says jumping up and down.

"Here you go Daniel." She hands him some forks and napkins. "You can set these up after Y/n puts the plates down."

"Ok!" I walk over to the dinning room and put the plates on the table. I can't help but notice for such a big table there's not many chairs. "Lillian?" I called for her and she pops into the dining room.

"Yeah?"

"Why is there only seven chairs?" I asked.

"If there's nothing special going on, the pack just eats with their families. The alpha's family would always eat together at the pack house since it's usually a big group. It's been a little small with just the six of us, but you're here now." She gives me a smile and walks back to the kitchen. That's different from my family. We would only eat at the pack house if it was a special event or we had guests. Anyways, I start putting the plates down with Daniel following me putting the napkins and forks down. Once we're done setting the table up, Aunt Harper comes in with a big bowl.

"Thank you for helping Y/n." She says as she puts down the bowl.

"Oh, no problem. What did you make?" She lifts up the top and it's chicken and broccoli Alfredo.

"Someone told me that your favorite meal is Alfredo." She says with a knowing grin. Of course she's talking about Mason. "I wanted to make something you liked since this is the first dinner you're having with us."

"Thank you Aunt Harper, but you didn't have to go through the trouble of making it."

"It was no trouble at all! I wanted to do something as a welcome for joining our pack. Plus I know how much of a handful Mason can be."

"Hey! That's not true!" Mason says walking in with Uncle Ryder. Uncle Ryder nods agreeing with Mason.

"He's right. A handful is an understatement." Mason turns to his uncle and groans.

"Uncle."

"You shouldn't start off your relationship on lies Mason." Aunt Harper says jokingly. "You were such a troublemaker as a kid. I have so many stories."

"Please share!" I say excitedly.

"Let's not." Mason groans. Just then Lillian and Theo walk into the dining room.

"Are we sharing embarrassing stories about Mason? Can I go next? I have a ton!"

"Shut up Theo!" Mason yells at him. He turns towards Daniel and crouches to be at his level. "Daniel, back me up here. You don't want them to embarrass me right?" Daniel looks up at Mason and then looks at me.

"Do you want to hear the stories Y/n?"

"I do." I nod my head.

"Then I do too!" He says happily. Mason just rolls his eyes.

"Ugh."

"I guess you're not Daniel's favorite anymore." Theo teases Mason.

"That's not true-"

"Y/n! You can sit here next to me!" Daniel says at his seat. He's pointing to the chair next to him.

"Ok." I go and sit next to him.

"I told you. You've been replaced." Theo says. Mason ignores him and  everyone sits down at dinning table. On my right is Mason, who is sitting at the head of the table. Next to me on my left is of course Daniel. Then it's Aunt Harper and Uncle Ryder is at the other end of the table. Theo is sitting across from me, sitting next to Mason and Lillian. Mason takes my plate and puts some pasta on it for me. That was nice of him.