Saying Goodbye

Throughout dinner it was pretty normal. Obviously my dad and Xavier talked about a few things together. Sabrina talked about how training went today. Also about how much faster she is now and that she is getting closer to catching up to me. Everyone was engaged in the conversations that were happening. Everyone except me. I pretended to be engaged with the conversation but my mind was somewhere else. I just keep thinking about how yesterday was the last day I slept in my bed, that this would be the last time I would sit with my whole family and eat dinner here. Or at least not for a long time. I won't wake up to my siblings bothering me. I can't hang out with Maya, Xavier, and Sabrina throughout the day. Then at the end of the day I can't hang out my parents. I'll miss them all so much. The more I think about it all the sadder I'm getting. I feel someone take my hand under the table and squeeze it. I don't need to look to realize it's Mason but I look up at him anyways. His looking at me concerned. I can feel him trying to send a calm aura to me through the mate bond but I can already feel myself about to cry. I need to get out of the room. "Excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom." It almost came out as a whisper and ran out of the room and into my bedroom. Or I guess it will be my old bedroom now. I plop onto my bed and burry my hands into my face. A minute later and I hear a knock at my door.

"Y/n? I'm coming in." I can tell it's Maya from her voice. She opens the door but I still don't lift my head up to look at her. She sits down next to me and I immediately hug her. "You're upset because you won't be able to see your family everyday right? That suddenly your packing up getting ready to move into a new pack that you don't know if they will even like you." How did she hit the nail on the head? I look up at her shocked that she basically read my mind. She just softly laughs.

"Y/n, did you forget that I'm your brothers mate? I went through what your going through right now. I didn't want to leave my family either. Not to mention suddenly finding out your going to be a Luna is terrifying. But I love your brother so much that I knew despite it being scary it was going to be worth it. Now I consider you and your family my family too. I'm not scared of being Luna anymore in fact I'm excited. But when I do get those moments of missing my family I make sure I go and see them later that week. It's hard in the beginning, but I know once you get to the Red Moon pack you'll love it there." How stupid of me. How could I forget she went through the same thing. It's nice knowing that she knows exactly what I'm going through.

"Thank you Maya. I really needed to hear that." I hug her again and she responds back.

"You're welcome. I want you to remember that even though we are going to be in different packs I'll still be there for you. You're like my little sister."

"I feel the same way."

"Now, you should really go and talk to Mason." Mason? Why? She noticed the confusion on my face. "He noticed that your sad to leave right." I nod agreeing with her. "Well, I think he thinks that you don't want to live with him in his pack."

"What! That's not it at all!"

"I know that, but he doesn't." She's right. Mason can feel my emotions but he can't read my thoughts.

"I'll go talk to him." I stand up and open my door and I see Mason leaning against the wall in the hallway. "Mason?"

"Y/n! Are you okay? I wanted to follow you but Maya wanted to talk to you first."

"I'll leave you two alone." Maya passes by us and goes down the hallway. I turn back to Mason.

"I'm okay, talking to Maya helped a lot. Can we talk?" He nods and we go into my bedroom. I sit down on my bed again and he sits next to me. "Mason, I do want to live with you."

"Y/n, I felt how sad you were about leaving. I'm not going to force you to come with me."

"I'm sad about leaving my family, my home. Suddenly I'm told to move in a few days and be okay with it. Sitting there at dinner knowing that I wouldn't be with my family in a while really hit me. But Mason, I'd be sadder if I wasn't with you." I hold his hand and he squeezes it back.