Meet My Mate

Mason and I walk back to the party holding hands. I start looking around to see if I can find any of my family.

"I don't see them, maybe they are all sitting down at the table. We should-"

"Y/n!" I turn to the side and notice Xavier walking to me and hugs me. "Where were you! No one could mind link you until somehow Maya got through, don't do that!" I guess I cut off my mind link to everyone and didn't notice since I was so focused on Mason's smell. "Why do you reek of another male?" I then heard a loud growl and someone pulls me away from Xavier and into their chest. I realized it was Mason by the tingles that I got when he touched me.

"Mine." He says aggressively. Why would he need to say that it's only Xavier. Ohhh wait, he doesn't know that's my brother. I turn in his arms to face him and see him glaring at Xavier.

"Mason, it's okay that's my brother." His face relaxes and looks at me. I give him a nod reassuring him that it's true. I turn back towards my brother who looks confused.

"Mason, this is Xavier my brother. Xavier, this is Mason. My mate." My brother looks at me shocked but smiles widely.

"I am so happy for you Y/n." His comment makes me smile even more than I already am.

"I apologize for my behavior Xavier, I did not know you were her brother." Mason says.

"I completely understand. I was like that when I met my mate." I'm glad that Xavier didn't take his behavior as an insult. I didn't think he would anyways because I know he is a very understanding person. "We should head to our table so you can tell everyone the great news." We follow Xavier and he leads us to the table that my family is sitting at along with Alpha Tony's family. Sabrina was the first to notice us and looks down at my hand that's holding Mason's. Her eyes widened.

"Oh my good! Really!" This causes everyone else to look at us and I nod at Sabrina with a big smile. She gets up and hugs me. "I knew he would be here! I knew it!" She let's go of me and turns towards Mason. "Hi I'm Sabrina, Y/n's sister."

"Hi, I'm Mason." I look at Sabrina telling her to sit back down. She goes back to her seat all giggly and so does Xavier. I turn towards Mason.

"I'll introduce you to everyone else." He nods. I point to Maya first. "That's Maya she's Xavier's mate." Then I point to my parents. "That's my mom and dad, Alpha Derek and Luna Mackenzie." Mason bows to my mom and dad for respect. "Next to them is Alpha Tony and Luna Daphne. Then their daughter Amelia who is also my best friend." He also bows to Alpha Tony and Luna Daphne when I mention them. "Everyone, this is my mate Mason."

"It's nice to meet all of you." Mason says. My dad stands up and comes towards Mason and I. He brings his hand out for Mason to shake and he does.

"You're from Red Moon pack right?"

"Yes Alpha Derek."

"I knew your parents very well, they were great people. I have no doubt that you were raised right and can take care of my daughter." Wait, 'knew' in like past tense. Did his parents die? I want to ask later but is that too forward since we just met?

"Thank you Alpha Derek."

"Mason, did you bring anyone else to this event with you?" My mom asks.

"I brought my beta Theo."

"How about you two eat with us at our table so we can get to know you better." I look at Mason and he nods and I see his eyes turn gray. He must be mind linking his beta now. When he's done he sighs and looks at me.

"Theo can't spot me with all the people around so I'm going to meet him at the bar and bring him here. I'll be right back Y/n."

"Ok." His kisses my cheek and walks away. I put my hand to my cheek and blush.