11. Rough

Even when we're trapped in time and get lost

"See you guys later!" Chaeyoung waves, before catching up with Jisoo.

"So, are you taking the bus today?" Lisa asked.

"Yeah." Jennie nods.

They both walked to the bus stop before sitting down on the bench, Jennie was playing with her fingers as Lisa was looking away for the bus. Jennie glanced at her and looks away,

"It should be here in a few," Lisa says before pulling out her phone.

"Okay." Jennie looks down at her hands.

We will eventually meet

The honk of the bus was heard, both girls stood up and waited until the doors opened. They both scanned their cards before walking to the back, they sat next to each other as Jennie was by the window.

"You don't have work today?" Jennie asked.

"I do, but it's a night shift." Lisa smiles.

"Oh."

"Unnie? Are you okay?" Lisa confusedly looks at her.

"Yeah, just a bit tired," Jennie says.

"You can rest on me! I don't mind!" Lisa says, before looking back at her phone.

Jennie looked at her before leaning her head on the girl's shoulder, her breath hitched as she could smell Lisa's perfume. The bus began to move as Lisa was playing her game, Jennie watched and didn't say a word.

Please know that I am sincere

"They always take the bus together?" Jisoo asks.

"Yeah, they were always close. But you know, I'm surprised they aren't dating."

"Dating?"

"I mean, they're so obvious but I think Lisa just ignores it." Chaeyoung shrugged, "but Jennie never tried to tell her or anything."

"That's a bit sad."

"Yeah, it's more one-sided." Chaeyoung sighs, "hopefully they would be together!"

"Hopefully."

Only if you hurry

The bus announced the next stop as Lisa was asleep, Jennie was awake now as she looked at the letter in her hands. She was afraid. She never felt this afraid. But she had to be strong.

For herself- for her heart.

The bus soon after stopped causing Lisa to awake from her sleep, she grabbed her stuff and quickly left to go to her job. Jennie watched as the girl walks off and made her decision, she hurried off of the bus and chased after her.

Jennie reached out for her until she was pushed back by the crowd of people, and the letter that had a yellow heart falls onto the ground. She bends down only to see the letter being stepped on,

Jennie grabbed it and saw how damaged it now was, she frowns in disappointment as her hard work was now wasted.

She looked in the direction Lisa walked in and looks down at the dirty letter.

She walked away.

I wasn't able to tell you but I liked you

"Thanks for walking me," Jisoo says.

"Anytime! I don't mind it." Chaeyoung smiles.

"Do you want to come inside?"

"No thanks, I have to go home. Family is coming over today!" Chaeyoung excitedly says.

"Oh, well...have fun?"

"Thanks! See ya on Saturday!" Chaeyoung waves goodbye before walking away.

Like a dream from the younger days, like a miracle

Jisoo was home alone before the front door opened, she looks over from the couch seeing Jennie walk in.

"Jennie?" She could see the girl's outfit dirty and loosened.

Jennie smiles at her weakly, her hand was holding onto a dirty paper.

"What happened?" Jisoo asked.

"Disappointment." Jennie responded, "I'll be in my room."

"Okay"

Jennie walks upstairs leaving Jisoo sitting on the couch, she looks back at the TV show that Chaeyoung recommended to her.

In her room, Jennie fell onto her bed as the crumbled paper was in the trash can. Jennie's face was buried into her pillow as she cried to herself, it was frustrating. She wanted it to be perfect, but it seemed like the world wanted it differently.

Promise me this I hope you don't change

The night shortly falls as the lights are turned off, the doors shut and locked closed. Everybody was talking to each other before saying their goodbyes,

"Bye Lisa!" The guys waved.

"Bye!" Lisa smiles before they leave.

She walks down the street before looking at the ground to see a yellow heart sticker, she bends down to get a better close and smiles.

She stands up straight before heading to the bus stop, she sat on the bench and waited as she rests her head against her shoulder.

She heard the loud crackle of the storm heading in and frowned to herself, she didn't have an umbrella this time. She pulled out her phone to check the bus schedule, it was a 2-hour delay.

She sighs before closing her eyes to pass the time.

Smile at me then like you do now

Her head bumped into something hard causing Lisa to jolt awake, she looks around confused before seeing Jennie driving.

"Unnie?" She squints her eyes.

"We're about 5 minutes away."

"You drive?" Lisa asks, "since when?"

"Since I've gotten my license."

"But you take the bus?"

"So?"

"I- never mind. Thanks for picking me up." Lisa yawns.

"I wasn't going to let you wait for 2 hours," Jennie says as she looks at her side mirror.

"How did- wait, You do care about me!" Lisa teased, "wow, not so tough after all."

"Shut up."

"Thanks for caring about me." Lisa closed her eyes as sleep took over her.

"Anything for you," Jennie responded quietly.