13. Heart Burn

Burning sunlight with mild breeze

Chaeyoung was cleaning the tables while Lisa was taking out the trash, they both were working today. Chaeyoung placed the rag on the counter before Lisa came to the counter,

"I'm surprised we aren't busy." Lisa looks around the restaurant.

"At least we finished the lunch hour." Chaeyoung smiles, "now we can relax!"

"Yeah." Lisa sighs, before looking out the windows.

"Hey! Isn't that Jennie?" She suddenly points out, Chaeyoung looks over seeing the girl on the other side of the street.

"Yeah!" Chaeyoung smiles, "Should we-"

She suddenly went quiet when she saw Jennie and Jisoo together, the two's jaw drops to the floor as Jennie was holding Jisoo's hand.

"Are they-"

"Jisoo told me she's not dating-" Chaeyoung says, "unless she lied."

"I'm sure it's nothing!" Lisa reassured her.

"Do you want to invite them over?" Lisa asks.

"Why not? It's hot anyways."

I love this vibes

"Hey, Guys!" Jennie's voice booms in the restaurant as Jisoo trailed behind her shyly.

"Hey! I'm surprised to see you two together!" Lisa smiles at her,

"Yeah, we hang out together sometimes!" Jennie answered as she and Jisoo took a seat.

"Are you two close?" Chaeyoung questions as she hands Jisoo a menu.

"Yeah." Jisoo answered her.

"Can I get my usual?" Jennie winked at Lisa before sliding the menu toward her.

"Can I smack you with the menu?" Lisa smiles sweetly at her before grabbing the menu.

"Can I get a chicken sandwich?" Jisoo asks, as Chaeyoung nods.

"Coming right up!" Chaeyoung smiles before writing down the order.

"I'm surprised you two aren't busy." Jennie looks around the empty restaurant.

"Is it a popular place?" Jisoo asks her.

"Usually at lunch hour." Jennie shrugged.

"Hmm." Jisoo looks at her hands before grabbing Jennie's hand and laying with hers.

"So, you both are friends or-" Lisa trails off.

"We're just close." Jennie responded as Jisoo looks up at her.

"Anyways, what brings you two to the area?" Chaeyoung quickly changed the subject,

"We were shopping." Jisoo says shyly, she pushed up her glasses.

"Oh, what did you get?" Chaeyoung asks.

"I got an action figure." Jisoo says, as she looks over at Jennie. The other girl was busy talking to Lisa.

"That's cool, you're into anime?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Yeah." There was a small light in Jisoo's eyes.

Oh my, I can't hold it anymore

"You orders are ready!" Lisa beams as she placed the plates in front of them, "I'll be expecting a good tip?"

"Depends if you deserve one," Jennie replied, before cutting into her burger.

Jisoo took a bite of her sandwich and hums in delight, she nods to herself as she chews. She looks around the restaurant as Chaeyoung was helping other customers, she swallowed her food before Lisa entered her view.

"So, Jisoo...are you free this Friday?" Lisa asks

"Uh, Yeah?"

When you look at me

"Great! I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date!" Lisa smiles as Jisoo widens her eyes.

Chaeyoung overheard and bumped into the door, while, Jennie was quiet.

"A date?"

"Yeah, like a gaming date!" Lisa explained, "it'll just be us playing video games!"

"Oh, well... I guess?"

"Great, I'll pick you up Friday then!" Lisa beams.

Heart burn Eh-oh

Lisa leave her alone as she had to help other tables, Jisoo turns to Jennie confused.

"Your friend is weird," Jisoo says.

"Yeah, but she's-yeah." Jennie nods

"She's energetic." Jisoo looks back at her food, "I can see why you like her."

"H-how?"

"You both stare at each other longer."

"Well, the same can go for you and Chaeyoung!" Jennie objects as her face turned red.

"Chaeyoung doesn't like me." Jisoo denied.

"How can you be so sure?"

"I know it."