18. Hard to Love

Cause I'm hard to love, find it hard to trust

Chaeyoung's head rested on her desk as she frowns, while her best friends were flirting with each other.

"Can you both stop?" Chaeyoung groans out

"Come on Chae, you've been like this for a week!" Lisa objects, "just go talk to her!"

"I would if she didn't avoid me!" Chaeyoung yells as she lifts her head, deep down, she was frustrated.

"Hey, I'm sure she has a reason," Jennie reassures her.

"What's the reason then? Huh! I kissed her and now she's acting as if I didn't exist." Chaeyoung looks down, she'd want to know what Kim Jisoo was thinking.

"Hey, It'll be fine. Jisoo is probably just confused or something." Jennie hugged her.

"I don't know." Chaeyoung sighs, "I'll be back, I need to get some water."

Both girls watched as Chaeyoung stands to leave the room, Lisa looks at Jennie with a sad smile.

"What should we do?" Lisa asked.

"What can we even do? They both need to figure this out." Jennie says.

When it feels too good,

Chaeyoung was walking down the hall with a rain cloud above her head, as the others had sunshine above there's. She looks up seeing Jisoo across the hall with her books in her hands, she saw the girl without her glasses on. Chaeyoung stood there in the hallway amazed before Jisoo turned away, she watched as Jisoo leaves.

She saw Jisoo with other people. It seemed like she made friends.

Dejected, Chaeyoung walks back to class.

I just fuck it up

"Unnie! I'm home!" Jennie announced as she walked inside the house, she sets her keys down as she kicks off her shoes. She had spent some time with Chae and Lisa after school.

She entered the kitchen where Jisoo was doing her homework, but Jennie couldn't help but stare at her sister in confusion.

"Yes?" Jisoo looks up.

"W-what's with this change?" Jennie asks, "Why?"

"I just don't want to seem like a nerd anymore," Jisoo says, as her younger sister looks at her weirdly.

"Is this because of the bullying?"

"Jennie, you wouldn't understand." Jisoo simply says.

"No, you don't understand. You left Chaeyoung for dust! She misses you Jisoo!" Jennie says as she slammed her hands down on the table.

"She likes you and you ran away- you- YOU COWARD!" Jennie yelled.

"Chaeyoung doesn't like me." Jisoo looks down at her papers, "if you excuse me, I have important things to do." She stands up and turns around.

"You're hurting my best friend," Jennie says, causing Jisoo to stop. "She doesn't deserve this."

"I know what I'm doing Jennie," Jisoo says before leaving.

"Do you?" Jennie asks herself as Jisoo left.

You want all of me,

Chaeyoung was getting her frustrations out as Lisa watched in fear, she watched as her friend was hitting the balls with her racket.

The neon green ball came flying before it was hit back with a very powerful swing, the ball flew back and across to the end of the court. Lisa gulped as she could hear the ball being slammed with the racket,

"Hey Chae? You think you could go easy there?" Lisa chuckled nervously.

Chaeyoung didn't say anything but kept hitting.

Lisa sighs knowing Chaeyoung need her best friend, she needed someone serious like Jennie Unnie. But? Lisa never liked being serious, but it's what her best friend needed.

Lisa pushed the door opened and walked to the machine where she turned it off. Chaeyoung blinks in confusion as Lisa walks toward her,

"What are you doing?" Chaeyoung asks.

"We need to talk." Lisa says, "Look, I'm your best friend and I'm not turning it on unless you talk to me."

"Lisa-"

"Chaeyoung, please. You need this."

"Okay."

I can't give that much

Chaeyoung was playing with the rim of her skirt as Lisa looks at her, they both were sitting on the bench and Chaeyoung sighed.

"I just want her to talk to me."

"Then make the moving man" Lisa nudged her, "To me, Jisoo seems to be changing and maybe she needs you there."

"She doesn't want to talk to me."

"Dude, everyone wants to talk to you! Look, I'm going to say this only once-"

"You need to confront Jisoo."

So don't fall too hard 'cause I'm hard to love

Chaeyoung saw Jisoo in the hallway again.

There she stood as she watched the older girl place her books back, she nervously licked her lips before walking forward to the girl. Chaeyoung prayed that Jisoo wouldn't avoid her- she really prayed.

"Jisoo." Jisoo tensed up when Chaeyoung stood there, Chaeyoung seemed to stare at her movements.

"We need to talk."

"I don't think we do." Jisoo looks down, "Excuse me but-"

"No." Chaeyoung grabbed her wrist, "I'm not letting you run away this time."

"Very well." Jisoo sighs, "Let's talk then."

I'm hard to love