17. The Happiest Girl

But tonight, I'll be the happiest girl in the world

As the night of the party rose, Jennie was at home laying on her bed. Tissues filled her trash can as she lays there looking at her wall of photos, memories from her childhood with her sister to her best friend's.

She looks away as her chest ached, she was a bad person. Who was she to judge her sister? Who was she to-

You'll see like it doesn't matter

Lisa frowns as she sat at the table alone, she looks around the room seeing how others were dancing and kissing each other. She sighs as she looks back seeing Seulgi and Irene flirting with each other, she looks away before seeing Chaeyoung dancing with Chaeyoung.

"Dude, This is fun!" Chaeyoung smiles as Chaeyoung looks down at her.

"Yeah, where's Mina?"

"She's hanging out with her friends, what about Jisoo?"

"Well... I hope she shows up." Chaeyoung smiles nervously,

"What is that look?"

"I'm nervous about today."

"What why?" Chaeyoung asks confused, "Is there something you're going to do?"

Lisa looks back at the bouquet she held in her hands before the song changed, she stands up from her seat before the lights died down causing everyone to look up at the stage.

"Hello, folks! Are you having a good night? Well, We're here to announce the winner of homecoming King and queen!"

Lisa was watching as other contestants were lining up on stage, she stood there beside a Chaeyoung before the person pulled out the card.

"Lisa Manobal!"

Lights shines on her, faces turned to her, and Lisa looked at them confused.

"What?" Lisa asks.

"You're the homecoming King!" Chaeyoung smiles happily, "Congratulations!"

"Huh?" Lisa looked at Kai, who was throwing a dirty look at her. She looks down as one placed the crown on her head, she looks down at the flowers and grips them tightly.

"Lisa?" Chaeyoung calls out her friends name.

"I'll be back," Lisa says before dashing out of the room.

Tonight, I'll be the happiest girl in the world

Lisa ran out to the front of the school and runs past the gate to grab her bike, she hops on and held the bouquet tightly as she pedaled off.

While Lisa took off, the doors opened as Chaeyoung was dancing with the other one. They resumed the dance before hands covered Chaeyoung's vision,

"Surprise?" She instantly turned to see Jisoo, she was beautiful. I mean-like always but- wow.

"You look amazing." Chaeyoung couldn't take her eyes off the girl's dark blue dress, "wow."