19

Jisoo sat across Chaeyoung as they were currently in an empty classroom, the old art room that turned into a storage room. Chaeyoung picked at her nails as Jisoo was looking at the desk, she breaths in before her lips parted.

"Why did you run away?" Chaeyoung asks softly.

"You wouldn't understand." Jisoo looks up at her, "I had to."

"You had to? Jisoo, what do you mean?" Chaeyoung asks confused, "What made you do it then?"

"I can't tell you that." Jisoo looks away.

"DAMNIT! Just tell me!" Chaeyoung slammed her hands down, "You can't keep playing with my feelings!"

She looks at Jisoo with frustration in her eyes while the girl looked at her unfazed.

"I never played with your feelings, in fact, I protected you." Jisoo spoke up.

"What?"

-The night of Hoco-

Jisoo was outside of the large gym, she kept playing with her fingers in nervousness. She heard the door open as someone sat besides her, they leaned by her as their breath was close to her ear.

"I want you to do me a favor." She gulped in nervousness.

"Do this and Jennie wouldn't get hurt."

"But Chae-"

"Does it look like I fucking care about her? Just do it Kim." She looks down at the money,

"I can't-"

"Then I'll expose you to the whole school-"

"Why are you doing this?!"

"Because, If I can't be happy than nobody in the Kim family should."

"But Chaeyoung-"

"But Jennie-"

"Fine."

"I did it to protect my Sister." Jisoo says, as Chaeyoung looked at her shocked. "Jennie is all I have and yes, I do have feelings for you but Jennie is my family."

Jisoo stood up as Chaeyoung sat there staring at her, "I will put my family first, but yet I hurt you. I didn't mean to- but it had to be done."

"Why couldn't you be selfish then?" Chaeyoung asks her, "Everyone can be a little selfish!"

"I didn't mean to not kiss you back, Chae. Believe me, if I could go back- I would. But what does is done, It's best if we keep distance from each other." Jisoo says before turning around to leave.

"Wait Jisoo-" but it was too late, Chaeyoung looks down at her hands as she held her face. She didn't know that tears fell from her eyes as she tried to hold it together, why was it like this?