21. Cruel Summer

The next day, Chaeyoung walked to school. Her hands gripping her backpack straps in anxiousness, she kept her head down while walking towards her class.

She opened the door seeing Jisoo sitting there with some boy, she immediately felt fear but she had to be strong- Right?

She walked in the class with her head down, she walks over to her seat where she sat down. She plugged in her headphones before resting her head down on the desk, she closed her eyes trying to block out the noise.

And it's new, the shape of your body

Jennie and Lisa walked in as the boy stood up and bid Jisoo a goodbye, Jennie looks at her sister seeing the ignorance.

"Babe?" Lisa catches her attention, she looks over seeing Chaeyoung asleep on the desk.

"Holy-" Jennie didn't finish as she walks over to her seat besides the girl.

Chaeyoung looked tired, she had eye bags, her left hand covered in bandages, and she reeked of alcohol.

"What do we do?" Lisa asks, looking down at her watch.

"I'll take her." Jennie says, before waking up the girl. "We'll be back."

"Okay." Lisa nods while Chaeyoung and Jennie leaves the classroom.

It's blue, the feeling I've got

Chaeyoung bangs her head against the wall as Jennie frowns, Chaeyoung looked lost-

"Chae, what's going on?" Jennie asks, she grabbed the cold wet towel and cleaned the girls face.

"To be honest, I'm a coward." Chaeyoung says, "I'm a stupid coward that let her go."

And it's ooh, whoa, oh

"I mean, I don't even know what to do. I want her, No, I like her Jennie. But- What if I'm too late?" Chaeyoung rants, "What if-"

"Chae just shoot the shot!" Jennie grabbed her shoulders, "Both of you need to get your heads out of your asses and FUCKING GET A GRIP!"

Chaeyoung stared Jennie in the eyes before looking back behind her, she saw herself standing there. The better Chaeyoung nods as she crossed her arms.

Chaeyoung nods before looking back at Jennie-

"You're right!" Chaeyoung says.

"I can't run away anymore!" Chaeyoung stood up, "I need to be brave!"

"I'm going to tell Jisoo!"

It's a cruel summer

The bell rings for the end of the day, Jisoo walked down the steps of the front before hearing her name. She turns seeing the boy who smiles at her,

"C-can I walk with you?" He asks as Jisoo shrugged.

"Sure?"

They walked towards Jisoo's street, he spoke about his day causing Jisoo to grow silent. He ranted about his friends and life, he smiles like an angel- They come to a stop as Jisoo pretends to arrive home.

"You live here?" He asks surprised,

"Yeah." Jisoo says.

"It was fun walking with you, Jisoo-ya." He says as he stepped closer and kisses her on the lips.

Jisoo stood there frozen as she pushed him away, her chest started to hurt as he looked at her confused.

"Did I do something?" He asks.

"I-I-I have to go!" Jisoo runs away, leaving him behind to look after her.

"Maybe she didn't like it?" He asks himself.

But ooh, whoa oh

Jisoo ran as if her life depends on it, she knew where she was going, Home. Her headphones played the music as she ran down the streets, she ran until she wasn't familiar with the block anymore. She bends a bit to catch her breath before hearing a voice call her name out,

"Jisoo Unnie?" Lisa looks at her confused,

"Lisa!" Jisoo stood up straight.

"Are you okay?"

It's a cruel summer
With you

Chaeyoung was sitting at home as she ate a sandwich, she looks at the TV and laughs at the stupid show Lisa recommended. She smiles and shakes her head before grabbing a chip, a knock on the door was heard as she stopped midway from eating her chip.

The banging got louder causing Chaeyoung to quickly eat the chip and walk over to the door, she opened the door in a swift move before opening her eyes a bit wider.

"Jisoo?" Chaeyoung could get out before a pair of lips connected with hers.