44

I was standing in front of the door, staring at the knob. I sigh heavily before opening it. I looked at the man in the hospital bed after hearing the sound of the machine. He was sleeping soundly.

I sat beside him on the chair and took his hand in mine. "When will you wake up, Love?" I asked softly while he was sleeping. I still can't believe what the doctor told him.

He's in a coma, but I know he was listening. "Hello, love," I chuckled painfully as I gazed at him sleeping. "Hello, Keanu," I said as I approached him. "I really, really hate you, but I can't hate you because you know what?" I bit my lower lip to keep from crying while caressing his hand. "I still love you, I really do; I just have to hate you because of what you did to me." My vision blurred.

"For breaking my heart, for pushing me away when I needed you, and when the tables turned, I did the same thing you did to me back then, but everytime I was pushing you away," my voice broke. "I'm hurting... The way your eyes hurt, I hurt myself; the way I hurt Kie because I was putting a wall between you two every time she asked her father hurts my heart."

"Chandra's right," I cried, gently grasping his hand. "I should not validate my feelings in order for you to build a barrier between you two."

"Kie needs a father," I say as I wipe my tears away with the back of my hands.

"Kie needs you, and I'm sorry for hurting you two," I sobbed again, and stood up after saying everything I had to say. When I was about to turn around, I felt a hand on my wrist. I was stunned and slowly turned around to see Keanu.

He gradually opened his eyes and tried to open his mouth. "F-Fritzie..." He called, and I was relieved to hear him.

"Doc!" I called, and I pressed the button on the side, alerting the doctors and nurses that the patient was awake.

His parents are now inside while the doctors examine him. "Keanu, my son," Tita Emily exclaimed, her eyes welling up with tears.

Tita Emily gently caresses and squeezes my hand. "My son is awake!" she exclaimed, and I simply smiled back at her. "Oh God! Thank you for doing a miracle on my son!" Sir Ze Dong exclaimed, tears welling up in his eyes.

I look outside the room and see my parents, who are smiling at me while Kie is with them, and I feel a warm hug when Tita Emily pulls me in for a hug.

"I hope you two mend your relationship, Hija," she said softly into my ears.

When I heard my name again, I was about to nod. "Fritzie," I was left standing when his parents went outside, and I watched them leave through the glass window before turning to face Keanu.

I sat beside him in the chair, and he took my hand in his. He was smiling at me, and I was simply smiling back. "I heard everything you said," he chuckled, and I bit my lower lip, my face turning bright red.

"I'm sorry for hurting you," he caressed my cheeks. "I love you," he said softly, and my vision blurred. "Why are you crying?" He chuckled, but I sobbed, and he sat down to stare at me. "Hey love?" He softly called, but I looked down.

"Please look at me," he begged, putting his hand to my cheeks and wiping my tears. "You scumbag!" I yell. "You scared me to death! W-What if something bad happened to you! What if you died?! I'll blame myself if you die stupid scumbag!" I hit his chest.

"Look at me, Fritzie, I'm alive," he chuckled. "I'm sorry for worrying you," he said softly before kissing my brow.

"Are you still mad at me?" he asked, and I shook my head. "Can I give you a hug?" he asked, and I simply nodded before he tightly hugged me.

"I missed you so much," he said quietly.

"I-I miss you too..." He turned to face me after saying those words and smiled broadly. "Talaga?"

"Hmm"

"Sure?" I rolled my eyes at him, but I was surprised when he gave me a lean kiss.

"You don't like it?" he asks, his smile fading. Of course, I love it! "No, I mean I was just shocked, okay?"

My cheeks began to flush. "I like it, okay?" I exhale a heavy sigh of relief.

I look down, but I can still feel his shard glare. "I'll marry you Fritzie, and I mean it," he said as I turned slowly to face him. "I will never let you go now," he smirked before winking at me.

I cleared my throat. "Once you've recovered, I'll introduce you to Kie," I said before smiling, and he looked surprised.

"Talaga? You'll introduce our daughter to me?" I nodded, and I saw the joy in his eyes.

"Thank you!" He said as he drew me closer to him for a hug. "You have no idea how happy I am," he said seriously, and I bit the inside of my cheeks to keep from smiling.

:)