Chapter two

The day of the tournament came by quickly and everyone was busy preparing for it

The day of the tournament came by quickly and everyone was busy preparing for it. Vanya was in her room getting ready. Although that would be wrong, the young girl was in her room contemplating whether she should wear her green dress and match Alicent or wear her red one and match Rhaenyra. She chose the red one. After all, Rhaenyra had once said to Vanya that she looks so flattering in red.

To say that Vanya's dress is beautiful would be an understatement. It was beyond stunning. Red silk with beadwork all over the corset and bottom of her dress and the ends of her sleeves that were trimmed with black lace. Vanya Hightower looked like a true Targaryen.

Alicent joined Vanya when they both walked out and raised an eyebrow at her outfit but didn't say anything. She felt her sister become more accustomed to the Targaryens more than she had been. Rhaenyra joined the duo not long after and linked her own arm with Vanya's. The three reached the seats and found everyone sitting, quickly they rushed to their seats. Rhaenyra and Vanya had a look of wonder and amazement on their face while Alicent looked bored and nervous. King Viserys was standing up and delivering his speech about how Queen Aemma had already started her labours and the realm would soon be blessed with a prince.

"Hopefully Queen Aemma's labours go well." Vanya told Rhaenyra while caressing her hand. The younger girl looked at her friend and nodded. Vanya knew that Rhaenyra was worried, she always was.

Sensing the tense air, Vanya spoke " I'm excited for this! And Rhaenyra, your father looks so excited!" the brunette claimed as she took hold of Rhaenyra's hand in her own and sneaked a glance at the king and her own father as well. She hadn't gotten the chance to talk to him in a while. Alicent looked at the two and smiled, her sister always did enjoy the things that cause an adrenaline rush. The tournament began and knights began losing and winning. Vanya stared wide-eyed and amused at the tournament. Rhaenyra looked at Vanya for a while, taking in the way her dark hair was pulled back in a half half down style. The bun in the back was braided to match Rhaenyra's own hair and styled with rubies to match her dress. If anyone who didn't know the royal princess and Vanya would've thought that there were two royal princesses, Rhaenyra and Vanya. 

"Princess Rhaenys Targaryen!" The princess stopped drinking when her cousin called out to her.

"I would humbly ask for the favour of The Queen who Never was." Princess Rhaenys handed her cousin her favour before returning to her seat.

"What do you know of this Ser Criston Cole, Ser Harrold?" Rhaenyra had found a special interest in Ser Criston Cole, the knight who had beaten the Baratheon knight.

"I'm told Ser Criston is a common-born, son of Lord Dondarrion's steward." Ser Harrold informed Rhaenyra who was already watching the knight with interest blooming in her eyes.

It was now Prince Daemon's turn to chose an opponent and Vanya squirmed in her seat. While she was offended that he called her a whore yesterday, she couldn't help but think of his smile or the way he spoke. Vanya Hightower was intrigued by The Rouge Prince, Prince Daemon. The prince entered on his beautiful black stallion and the signature house Targaryen armour before choosing Vanya and Alicent's older brother as his opponent. Rhaenyra puts her hand on Alicent's knee, patting it comfortingly while Vanya clutches on to Rhaenyra's arm with uncertainty and nervousness.