Chapter nine

The night continued as it was

The night continued as it was. Vanya was happy, she hadn't been this happy in a long time. Daemon turned to look at her, throwing his arm over her shoulder and pulling Vanya into his chest, placing a chaste kiss on her forehead. Vanya blushed, her cheeks pink, she turned to Daemon, stood on her tippie toes and kissed where she could reach, Daemon's jaw. Rhaenyra smiled at the interaction, loving the way the two interacted with each other. The trio had continued making their way through the city, stopping at this play, Vanya and Rhaenyra had found it very amusing.

"And now we come to the matter of the great Iron Chair and whose bum it might bear." The actor spoke, making Rhaenyra and Vanya giggle, Daemon looked down and smiled at the two of them.

"Our good King, names his daughter, a girl, his heir!" The crowd protested at the words of Rhaenyra being named heir, Rhaenyra looked around in sadness and shock, clutching on to Vanya's hand tightly.

The play went on, making fun of the royal family and Rhaenyra's claim to the iron throne, saying that Aegon deserved it more. He did not, while he maybe Vanya's nephew, Aegon was a child, and Rhaenyra was the named heir who had the abilities to become a queen.

Vanya and Rhaenyra booed.

"Lies, slander! Boo!" Rhaenyra yelled. Vanya tugged on her hand, reminding her that they were boys, not members of the royal family.

"Jest if you will, but many of the smallfolk are likely to believe that as a male, Aegon should be heir." Daemon spoke, yet he spoke the truth. Vanya agreed with him, many people believed that Aegon should be heir simply because they believed a woman was good for nothing, except pumping out children until it killed it.

"Their wants are of no consequence." Rhaenyra replied, turning around to leave.

Daemon chuckled, Vanya walking beside him.

"They're of great consequence if you expect to rule them one day." Daemon replied.

"For one night I wish to be free of the burdens of my inheritance." Vanya agreed with Rhaenyra on that, for once she also wished for her to be free. Vanya was lucky, her father had focused his attention on Alicent, especially now that she was Queen Consort.

Rhaenyra stole something from the vendor, making Daemon tell her that in King's Landing they pay for pleasure. The vendor shouted for Rhaenyra to stop and Daemon replied that he'd find him. Vanya gave the vendor an awkward smile before running and catching up to her lovers.  Daemon and Vanya continued to chase Rhaenyra through the city walls. Vanya had caught up to Rhaenyra only to see she had bumped into Ser Harwing.

"Enjoyed that did you?" Daemon asked, a teasing smile on his face.

"Oh I'm sure she did, just look at her!" Vanya spoke, clutching on to Rhaenyra, thrusting her forward for Daemon to get a better look at. Daemon smiled at Vanya's antics. His heart beating fast, she truly was a gem, one that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.