Chapter twelve

Vanya Targaryen, lawful wife to Prince Daemon Targaryen

Vanya Targaryen, lawful wife to Prince Daemon Targaryen. The pair have been wed for nearly 10 years and in that decade, Vanya and Daemon had been blessed with four children, Rhaegar, Daeron, Rhaena and Alysanne, and now a fifth one to come soon. Vanya was proud of her children, Rhaegar was soft and gentle, like how she remembered her mother. Daeron was a mini Daemon, he was just like his father and while it made Vanya smile on most days, he was the cause of most of her worry. Rhaena was soft and often quiet, Vanya noticed that she much preferred her books over anything else. Alysanne was was a soft blonde, she and her cousin Helaena, could pass off as twins.

"Rhaena, Alysanne." Vanya spoke kindly when she saw her daughters outside her door. They had scared her a bit. Rhaena gave her mother smile and hugged her softly and Vanya hugged her daughter back. Alysanne stood in the back before walking forward and presenting her mother with a pressed butterfly.

"For our new sibling, mother." Alysanne gave Vanya a beautiful and wide smile. The older woman brought her daughters into a hug and kissed them both on the cheek before linking her arms with theirs and walking them to the drawing room.

"Oh stop it Daeron!" Vanya sighed deeply when she heard Rhaegar telling his younger brother to stop. She didn't know what her youngest son was up to now but from the sounds of it, it didn't sound too good.

"Mother." The two boys greeted their mother politely before walking over and taking her hand and kissing it. Vanya smiled at them before caressing both of their heads. The two boys then joined their sisters and walked off to go attend their lessons.

"A handful they are." Daemon's voice from behind Vanya startled her. Daemon walked forward to her and hugged her from behind, caressing her swollen stomach. Vanya leaned back into her husband's touch humming slightly at Daemon's touch.

"Yes, all on you." Vanya spoke teasingly, opening one eye to look up at her husband. Daemon simply smiled her before placing a chaste kiss on her temple.

"Come, we must go see Rhaenyra." Vanya pulled out from Daemon's embrace making him whine slightly.

"Come Daemon! Our lover gave birth to your son and we must go see her." Vanya spoke, pulling Daemon out of the room with her. It was true, Daemon had gotten Rhaenyra pregnant, only to show that Laenor's competent. Daemon complied before grabbing a coat for light coat for his wife.

The two arrived in King's Landing soon after. Daemon left, he had claimed of having some business to attend to. Vanya knew what this meant and simply sighed before a maid helped her off.

"Rhaenyra! My beloved!" Vanya spoke as soon as she entered her chambers. Rhaenyra was in obvious labour. Rhaenyra looked up at her lover and smiled, taking Vanya's hand in her own to help her through the labour.

"Oh come on darling, you've got this." Vanya spoke reassuringly into Rhaenyra's ear. The younger woman simply nodded and pushed, noting after that push, Rhaenyra had given birth to a son. A beautiful son.