Chapter eight

Vanya woke up first

Vanya woke up first. She turned over to see Rhaenyra still sleeping peacefully next to her. Carefully, Vanya lifted Rhaenyra's arm off of her and got out of bed. She looked out the window and saw that it was dark.

"Rhaenyra, wake up." Vanya whispered, waking up the younger girl.

"Huh? What?" Rhaenyra spoke, disoriented and startled. Vanya smiled at her.

"You need to go sleep in your room. Go!" Vanya told her with a smile on her face, Rhaenyra nodded, agreeing with her. Carefully she lifted herself out of bed and brushed down her hair, making her look a bit more presentable.

Walking through the corridor and into her room, she wished Criston a good night before entering her room and beginning to take off her jewelry. On a chair, she spotted a bag, filled with clothes. She dumped them on the table before going through them. Rhaenyra opened up a letter, written by Daemon. She read the letter and turned around. It was a map. Rhaenyra followed the map to a secret door, one she nearly fell out of, peaking her head out, she smiled.

Incessant knocking on Vanya's door disturbed her from her daily routine of self care. She was annoyed at whoever thought it was okay to interrupt her this late.

"What is it that you need?" Vanya spoke, her voice annoyed. She didn't look up at the person who had knocked on her door.

"I need you, to get dressed." And with those words, Daemon shoved some commoner clothes into Vanya's chest. Vanya simply rolled her eyes before taking them and opening the door fully, to let Daemon in.

"Nice room you've got here." Daemon uttered, slightly impressed. He'd always thought that Vanya's room would be more girlish, however, it was not. It was littered with books all over and her vanity was a mess, a clear indication that she'd been busy.

"Thank you." Vanya said genuinely, coming out of her bathroom, dressed. Daemon took her in. She looked absolutely stunning in commoner clothes and dress as a boy. To Daemon, it didn't matter how Vanya was dressed, she was still the light of his life. Daemon himself came dressed, in a dark hood and commoner clothes. Although Vanya knew he was well known at whore houses.

"Tie your hair up." Vanya obeyed hun, trying her hair up and putting on the cap. Daemon snuck her out into a hidden corridor and made way to Rhaenyra. When Vanya saw Rhaenyra, she laughed, loudly. Her lover was dressed like a boy!

"Well, don't you look handsome!" She exclaimed, whispering. Rhaenyra smiled at her and Daemon. The older man looked at the two of them before leading the way.

"Where are we headed?" Vanya questioned, clutching onto Daemon's back as to not lose him. Daemon just turned around and put a finger to his lips. Rhaenyra had been walking beside the two of them, keeping close. Daemon had his hood down, so no one would be able to recognize the rouge Prince.

Daemon leads his two ladies through and to say that Vanya and Rhaenyra saw some explicit things was an understatement. However, the girls looked at everything in interest. It was obvious to them now that Daemon was taking them to a whore house. People sang on the streets and everyone was rushing around, a man bumped into Vanya and Rhaenyra.

"Fuck off, boys." The man yelled. Vanya looked at him with distaste. She wasn't fond of people disrespecting her.

"He called me a boy." Rhaenyra told Daemon with a smile on her face. Daemon smiled at her as well.

"Yes Darling, he did. But he also told you to fuck Off." Vanya spoke. Rhaenyra shoved her playfully, causing Vanya to laugh. Rhaenyra giggled as well, enjoying this freedom.

As the trio made their way through the city, Vanya and Rhaenyra looked at everything with wide eyes, amused and intrigued by everything that was displayed in front of them.

"Here, I got something for you." Daemon pulled the two girls aside and handed them a bracelet, made from flowers. He'd bought it from a little girl selling them. Vanya and Rhaenyra took them gratefully, tucking them into their pockets.

Daemon then offered the two girls alcohol, Vanya gulped hers down greedily. She loved drinking and wine. Rhaenyra drank hers too, but with much less enthusiasm and coughed. Vanya and Daemon laughed at her slightly.

"Never in my days did I think I would visit a whore house, much less do it while I'm dressed like a man." Daemon laughed at Vanya's words, suddenly remembering why he fell for her in the first place. It was her words and sense of humour that managed to capture Daemon under her spell. For Rhaenyra, it was her constant support and her defence towards her that made the younger woman fall in love with her. It was a mystery to both of them how Vanya didn't have lords fall at her feet and beg for her hand in marriage. Although Rhaenyra had a sneaking suspicion of Ser Criston's feelings towards her. She didn't like the way that Criston looked at her in the forest, or when he handed her a coat on the boat. There was something in his eyes for Vanya that was only reserved for Rhaenyra and Daemon.

"Oh my god!" Vanya squealed as she saw a dog with a flower crown on its head. They were in a less crowded area now.

"Hello! Can I pet your dog?" Vanya asked the older lady kindly. The lady nodded before letting her pet the dog.

"You have a nice wife, young man. A kind lady." The old woman told Daemon, who only nodded his head in acknowledgment. Vanya blushed, she had thought of marrying Daemon but she had wanted to marry Rhaenyra too. She frowned, Vanya didn't know how this would be possible.

"Come now, darling." Daemon pulled Vanya up, leading her away. Vanya frowned, sad at leaving the cute dog behind.

"I'll get you an army of dogs if you wish. Just so I never have to see you frown." Rhaenyra spoke from behind them. Vanya turned around and hugged her lover, pressing a chaste kiss on her lips. Daemon watched, he had thought of asking Otto for permission to marry Vanya but he and Vanya didn't like him enough. Instead, he'd rather elope with her.

Thank you lessloveandmore for leaving the best compliments!
And brekkerbybrekkerr for being my best friend and biggest supporter! I know you haven't been well so this chapter is for you!