Rhaegar & Alysanne. Aemond & Rhaena.

After Vanya had healed, Daemon never let his wife out of his sight

After Vanya had healed, Daemon never let his wife out of his sight. Even after she married him and Rhaenyra the two hovered over her like hawks. It didn't help that Jace, Rhaegar, Daeron and Luke picked up on their habits. Vanya gave her wife the stink eye as she sat down next to her. Rhaenyra laughed at her, continuing to braid little Rhaella's hair. Daemon watched the interaction between the two, a warm feeling settling in his chest. He looked around him, surrounded by his wives, his children and everyone he loved the most. Alysanne and Rhaena were missing but the two came in, giggling at something. Rhaena's cheeks were as red as her dress. Alysanne looked her sister one more time laughing before the two made their way over to their father and kissed him on the cheek. Daemon smiled and returned the gesture.

"Will you stop it!" Daeron burst out, smacking away his brother's hand. Luke laughed at him, retreating his hand. Vanya looked at the boys, a smile on her own face. Luke had been poking poor Daeron until he couldn't take it anymore.

"Children, don't fight!" Vanya spoke teasingly to them. The four boys looked at their mother and smiled like the little angels they weren't.

"Can I speak with you, moonshine." Daemon cut in, a look in his eyes told Vanya that it was important. She looked at him then back at Rhaenyra who held the same look. Daemon looked towards his children before dismissing them.

"Criston spoke with me." Daemon started out slowly and Vanya hissed under her breath. She knew that he would tell them.

"What about, my love?" Vanya asked him, acting oblivious.

"Do not lie to me Vanya!" Daemon shouted, a tight grip on Vanya's hands.

"I'm sorry." Vanya whimpered out, tears gathering in her eyes. Daemon walked Vanya over to the couch, seating her down and the proceeding to kneel in front of her.

"Why would you ever do that? Why?" Daemon asked her, his own voice cracking.

"I don't know." Vanya cried, not looking at Daemon.

"Vanya, you hurt me, and Daemon." Rhaenyra spoke from behind her, caressing her hair gently. Vanya cried harder, broken sobs leaving her mouth.

"I'm sorry." Was all that she could say. It fell out of her mouth like a prayer.

"Don't be sorry. We just want you to be okay. Please be okay." Daemon pleaded his wife. He couldn't bear loosing Vanya. Even though he had Rhaenyra now, Vanya would always hold a place in his heart that no other will ever be able to.

"I'm not okay. Ever since the birth of Jaehaerys and Rhaella, I've not been okay. There's this sadness that lingers in my heart even with you here." Vanya spoke, hitting at her heart.

"Oh my sweet dove. You should've told us sooner." Rhaenyra told Vanya. Vanya sighed as she leaned up into Rhaenyra's touch.

The three sat there for a while, Daemon on the floor, his head in Vanya's lap. He whispered nothing but sweet things to his dear wife. Rhaneyra stood behind her, comforting her. If she lost Vanya, she would no doubt lose a part of herself as well.

"We should leave. The children will begin to worry." Vanya spoke, wiping her nose and moving to stand up. Rhaenyra and Daemon nodded, agreeing with their wife.

Rhaena and Alysanne sat silently outside in the yard, under the willow tree that Rhaenyra and Vanya had many memories. They both smiled at their daughters, Daemon had walked off with a sword to join his boys.

"What are you two doing?" Vanya asked them, coming to sit down beside Rhaenyra.

"Admiring Rhaegar." "Nothing." Alysanne and Rhaena spoke at the same time. Alysanne had a small pink tint to her cheeks as she looked over at her older brother. Rhaena looked at her and laughed.

"Oh don't be so sly! You're basically in love with Aemond!" Alysanne said as she threw her sister under the bus. Rhaena hit her sister making Alysanne laugh.

"Do you find Aemond attractive?" Rhaenyra asked her daughter.

"No. Maybe. Okay yes!" Rhaena said after she got a knowing look from both her mothers. Vanya was thrilled. She loved Aemond and he was better than Aegon anyways. With that, she could see the budding love between the two cousins.

"And you, little miss, can't take your eyes off Rhaegar ." Vanya said as she tickled her oldest daughter.

"It's not only her, mother! Rhaegar can't seem to take his eyes off her either." Rhaena said, teasing her older sister. The four of them laughed, catching Daemon's attention. He looked at his oldest son, Rhaegar can't seem to take his eyes off Alysanne. He smirked. His life was supposed to be like this, with all his children and his wives. His future grandchildren. He was happy, happier than he had been in a long while.