Chapter Eighteen

Vanya walked along the corridors of their castle on Dragonestone, a sour expression on her face as she furiously made her way to Rhaenyra's chambers

"Please tell me that you do not intend to return to King's Landing,"  Vanya asked her wife, eyebrows furrowed together as she licked her lips in anticipation. One hand on the door from when she slammed it open and the other one clutching the thick blue fabric of her dress. Rhaenyra looked at her wife, quietly taking in the state that she was in before giving an answer. She deeply inhaled, readying herself for the speech she would endure from her wife in the coming moments.

"Alicent would like us to return. To visit." She told Vanya and the latter almost had a heart attack. Vanya remained silent, only staring at her.

"Are you out of your mind?" The calmness in Vanya's voice unsettled Rhaenyra. Her wife was never one to keep her anger silent yet when she did, it unnerved her and Daemon greatly.

Rhaenyra winced a little, wiping her hands on her dress before turning to face her clearly livid wife.

"Listen love, I may not be able to fix things between Alicent and I ever but it will do well for us to keep the peace," The blonde haired woman told her wife. Vanya rolled her eyes before taking a seat in front of her.

"Listen to me dear lover, you are my light and my sun. You know that so listen close to what I tell you. Alicent has no good reason to call you back there. She could've kept the peace if she married our daughters or one of our sons to her own but she didn't. She called the customs queer yet married Aegon and Helaena so young. My sister does not care for you or I anymore." Vanya rattled off, her voice wavering a little, not because of the lost relationship with her sister but because of what her sister could possibly have in mind for her wife. Rhaenyra lowered her head, she may be the heir to the throne yet her wife was the one keeping her in check and before she can respond, the doors opened again and Daemon strolls in.

"Well this sight is quite reminiscent." He remarked, continuing to stroll leisurely to his wives, greeting them both with a kiss on the cheek.

"Reminiscent of what." Vanya asked, an amusing smile playing on her face, she knew exactly what her dear husband spoke about. Red lips curled up into a smile and one hand resting under her chin, she looked like a true royal.

"Of when my dear cousin Aemma would scold Rhaenyra for the various times she's snuck off to dragon ride." Daemon said, a light laugh lacing his words and Vanya laughed along with him, easing Rhaenyra's heart.

"What were the two of you caught up in before I arrived, it seemed quite serious." Daemon spoke as he poured himself a glass of wine into a chalice, passing one of to Vanya before offering one to Rhaenyra.

The two women in the room shared a look, Vanya's a bit more strict as she started her wife, Daemon's gaze going back and forth between the two, trying to decipher what may have happened.