Chapter four

The next day was dreadfully boring to Vanya and Rhaenyra

The next day was dreadfully boring to Vanya and Rhaenyra. The two woke up together in bed with their limbs tangled up and Rhaenyra falling off the bed because she couldn't find her balance. That alone made Vanya laugh and Rhaenyra giggle. She was oh so fond of her dearest friend, it seemed like the two only had each other to lean on now. They decided to get ready together and eat breakfast together like they always did now. 

"How did dinner go last night?" Vanya spoke after she swallowed her wine and waiting for Rhaenyra to speak. Rhaenyra didn't, not for a few moments, she was still picking at her food. Just as Vanya was about to speak again, she broke the silence and spoke.

"It's my fathers duty to find a new wife as king. He called me to talk about that, and to tell me that I'm still a child and that I will learn." Her voice wavered when she said that she was still a child. Vanya didn't like that much. The loss of a parent ages you in ways you cannot imagine. It aged Vanya and she could see now that it was starting to age Rhaenyra.

Vanya stood up from her seat in front of her vanity and walked over to Rhaenyra who was say by the window. She placed her hands on Rhaenyra's shoulders and leaned down to kiss the princess on her head. Rhaenyra leaned back into Vanya as a source of comfort. They stayed in that position until a guard knocked on the door, upon entering he stated that there was a small council meeting being held and Princess Rhaenyra's presence was required.

Rhaenyra sighed at that and stood up, lacing her silk covered arm with Vanya's own, she dragged them to the meeting. Vanya stood beside Rhaenyra in the meeting.

"It occurred in the blackness of night, my lords, during the Hour of the Bat." Spoke the man who was the reason this meeting was called.

"The thief eluded our pursuit." He stated further.

"How is it possible that a dragon's egg was stolen out from beneath more than fifty Dragonkeepers?" His Majesty, King Viserys questioned the man.

"It was Prince Daemon who was the culprit, Your Grace." At his words, Vanya let in a sharp inhale, clutching onto Rhaenyra tighter. Rhaenyra placed her hand atop Vanya's as a comforting motion.

"Which egg did Daemon take?" Rhaenyra questioned the man. Her voice strong and unwavering.

"The egg was Dreamfyre's princess. The same that you chose for Prince Baelon's cradle." The man spoke to Rhaenyra as her mouth fell open slightly.

King Viserys orders Vanya's father to assemble a detachment and that he himself will go to Dragonstone to get the egg and Daemon back. Thankfully, Otto stopped him. It was too dangerous for the king to go himself. Vanya's father offered to go to Dragonstone to which the King agreed to.

Rhaenyra and Vanya left to go back to Vanya's room. It seemed like it was their only source of comfort for the time being along with the garden. Rhaenyra was sat in the vanity chair and Vanya behind her, brushing her hair out.