Chapter six

Vanya missed Daemon if she were to be frank

Vanya missed Daemon if she were to be frank. Sure there were times where the two didn't get along but Daemon made her laugh in a way that only he himself could. While she loves the way Rhaenyra makes her laugh and giggle, there was something different about the way Daemon did it. She sighed, resting her head on the desk she sat at, wondering if she school pen a letter to Daemon. In the time that the Wade for the Stepstones had started, Daemon and Vanya wrote to each other frequently. For him it was a sense of normality in a storm and for Vanya it was a distraction from her family. She got up and headed outside, only to see Rhaenyra dashing off on her horse. Panicked, she went and untied her horse, a smoky black one and chased after her best friend. Ser Criston was not too far behind the Lady and Princess for he had sworn Lady Hightower's father to protect her with his life.

"Lords have mercy!" Criston muttered to himself before chasing after Vanya and Rhaenyra. They were fast, really fast. In a short amount of time Vanya had caught up to Rhaenyra and was now beside her with Criston catching up quick. However before Rhaenyra drove her horse into the lake, Vanya had caught its reign and pulled them to a stop, chest heaving in both panic and fear.

"Are you stupid!? Or just not thinking!?" Vanya shouted at Rhaenyra, her voice uneven and laced with a tone of panic. Rhaenyra looked down ashamed, of herself and her actions. What if she had driven herself into that lake? She knew that Vanya would've made it her priority to save her and get her to safety, even if it meant dying herself.

"Lady Vanya! Princess!" Criston called out to them, finally catching up. Both Vanya and Rhaenyra looked towards him in surprise, not really expecting him here.

"What happened back there?" Criston spoke, his voice breathless as he talked to the two women in front of him.

"The usual. You know, Viserys wanting to marry Rhaenyra off to a man twice her age and have her produce children." Vanya picked at her fingernails, examining them well as she spit out the hateful words towards Viserys.

"My father, trying to sell me off to Jason Lannister." Rhaenyra's voice was heavy with emotion and Vanya could tell that she was on the verge of crying, the tip of her pale nose was red. She took her hand and placed it atop Rhaenyra's, comforting her.

"Was- was I named heir to the Iron Throne so that I might only further raise the standing of a Lord of Casterly Rock?" Rhaenyra spoke up again, facing to look at Criston.

"Do you want me to kill him.?" Vanya snorted at his words before replying.

"While that may be interesting to watch Ser Criston, I believe that your life is much more worth living." At her words, Rhaenyra noticed Criston's cheeks covered in a slight blush, an ugly feeling piled up in her stomach. All the whole to Criston, who blushed at the fact that his life meant more to Lady Vanya then a high lord.