Graveyard Shift

Thanks to everyone that left a vote on the last chapter and special thanks to Jasminearce03, Fangirl_332, zeroPEACHES, cappy654887, moondragonfire2001, hiimjustacommenter0, AnimeGirl4life93, CasualMacaqueS1mp, PoisonousPeach, popcorn360boss, CrystalGemGirl18, Aries_Nee, Akamaru_222, gamergirl1807, SugarRushReads, foxy_chilling, Minniejay86, 0wlHouseFan, SumireKisaragi, South2457, FnafGirl092407, Katelyntrashy56789, lumina_studia, Grovyle202, EeveeDreamer, makoshark1, SisterBear_WP, TemTV1144, Luceiiy, MINTKITTY0, IcySoul2002, Phantom_Rei, sesskagfan, for leaving comments on the last chapter ^-^

==========================================

You manage to get Moon to leave your side long enough for you to get into the store. B-Line to the clock-in station, then rush up to the roof's door, fearful Moon might destroy something to get to you if you were gone from his side for too long.

You swing the door open, more leaning on the door than standing on your own, as you gasp in air. Moon calmly standing near the door with his arms tucked behind his back. Maybe you underestimated your knight's level of patients.

"Are you alright, M'Lady?" Moon asks glancing down at you as you leaned against the door handle huffing and puffing.

"Just... Need... Breath... Stairs... Hard" You couldn't remember the last time you ran so fast up three flights of stairs.

Two firm sets of arms swiftly pick you up and off your feet.

"Allow me to traverse the stairs in your stead, my Lady" Moon offered.

Not trusting your words you just nod, a new layer of heat building over your cheeks as you caught your breath.

Inwardly you wondered if you'll ever get used to Moon carrying you, or how he did it so effortlessly. Even though your knight had carried you most of the way to your work, you still felt a mix of surprised and happy embarrassment each time he picked you up. It was probably childish of you to like being carried and dotted on like this, but Moon seemed to like carrying you; with how often he offered to carry you.

So allowing yourself to indulge just a little, couldn't be that bad?

After all who knew how long this bizarre situation would last? Might as well let yourself enjoy the small things. At least that's what you thought to yourself, as you rested your head against Moon's shoulder.

You missing the way the Knight's eyes widen slightly as you appeared at ease in his arms. Nor did you catch the way the tip of his tail wagged happily as you were lost in thought.

It still felt surreal having someone wanting to serve you, and you weren't even including that someone being a Monkey Knight!

You weren't sure if this servitude side of Moon was something normal for him or just part of the spell your powers had him under. Either way, you needed to find a way to show Moon your appreciation for him being so caring towards you. Even if he wasn't always helpful, you couldn't help but feel grateful he tried.

In your experience most people wouldn't even try... or at least would only pretend to try. Saying things like you did it so much better or it was too hard for them, or that you were being lazy for not doing enough on your own...

You were usually the one in servitude of others, whether it was to keep the peace, to make sure people kept liking you, or to just feel wanted and needed. You were always offering to do things for other people. In hindsight maybe that want...no, that desperation you had to serve others, made you easy to manipulate. An easy puppet for your ex-best friend and ex-boyfriend to use and play with to their heart's content.