Shadow Comfort

Thanks to everyone that left a vote on the last chapter and special thanks to Dianawolf61, Aries_Nee, Jasminearce03, LiteralAwkwardSimp, moondragonfire2001, Beiirss24, South2457, SisterBear_WP, Midnight-SpiritCAT, omni_trash, Sophie_Is_Ginger, jelly_moondog, Mari4729, sesskagfan, Crystalivy90, Grovyle202, Mango_mangrove, Minniejay86, BeybladeGod, BrightRemorse/SugarRushReads, foxy_chilling, NicoleOsma940, Psycho_Becon31, Kiron_Strife, fanficgirlqueen2, Chevalier_de_la_lune, Akamaru_222, Kkyla05, PapaSmurfsAssHair, Achildwithagun, Kukonii, MikaChika38496, heyrabies, I_need_a_life2, TheOneTheyCalled, crystal_thesimp, Starligt_galaxy, nowonn_p, UndertaleDarcy15, Your_Night_mares, RhaiiSawaqiz, AkemishimizuCHAN, FnafGirl092407, cthulhuchan, foam_moaf for leaving comments on the last chapter ^-^

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, things have been pretty chaotic for me. I'm just getting back into writing and will try to update every two weeks but with Christmas approaching, I can't make any promises ^^;

But this is over 8K words so hopefully that partly makes up for the long wait. Enjoy! =3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You let out a low groan as you slowly began to wake up, you couldn't recall the last time you slept so deeply. Taking several slow blinks you glance around your apartment, noting that the room had plenty of natural light; but was not overly bright, suggesting it was either late afternoon or early evening.

Tapping your hand over the nightstand you discover your phone was not in its usual place. Slowly you lift yourself out of bed and move to go grab your bag. Your half-asleep mind hoping that's where your phone was since it wasn't in its usual spot.

You mentally flinch a little as memories of the previous night came flooding back. So many emotions hit you all at once as you search through the bag for your phone; joy, anger, fear, rage, relief, pleasure, embarrassment, warmth...

Your whole face heated up, thinking back to Moon and Macaque able to feel your arousal. The Shadow Monkey hadn't seemed all that phased by it, though you didn't put it past the rogue to bring it up or use it against you later...

Moon was a far bigger concern in that category. You were still not sure how you should react around Moon, or what the knight was thinking or feeling about the incident. Would the monkey in blue ask a bunch of questions? If he did, they would be embarrassing ones for sure...

'Wait how much does Moon even know about physical pleasure?' you inwardly wonder.

The knight monkey was so innocent at times, did he even have any experience in that category? Or worst would Moon just avoid you, not want to talk to you, maybe even be upset with you?

'Worries for later!' You mentally scolded yourself. It wasn't like you had any way to talk to Moon or know what he was going through till you saw him tonight, so that was a problem for LATER. The Monkey Knight had promised that as long as he was alive your nights would no longer be lonely, and right now those words assured you enough to let your mind focus on something more productive.

Finding your phone, you see the screen showing that it was almost five, giving you plenty of time till the sun would go down. Now the question was what you should do till tonight.

Well first thing first, check your messages from work.

You go into your work email and just like your expected there was a flood of messages. Some from co-workers and a few from your manager; all wondering if you were okay. You gave each a quick message back, simply stating that the building collapse must have happened after you left and apologized for not replying sooner as you were sleeping.