16

I think I found my fathers camp. They didn't have flags up but they were across the river from Kings Landing. I hopped off my horse and walked around. Guards were all over the place. I saw my father in the distance enter his tent with a couple of other men.

I made my way over there kept bumping into some of the soldiers. I entered the tent and he was hovering over a map with other men. "Helena..." he said. All of the men left the tent so I could talk to him. "How did you.. why aren't you-

"I came to find you." I said to him. "Oh..." he said and then he hugged me and I hugged back. I was about to tell him everything that happened but then I stopped and realized.

I thought to myself. What am I doing? Traveled all the way from the north to the south to tell him that mother has gone mad? That he should go home and discipline her? Like a child? Make everybody turn on her and become an enemy because of family drama?

"i- I came to- to.." I said stuttering. "Helena I've got no time for this what do you have to say." Father said. "Don't go to war." I spat out. He looked at me confused. "I'm sorry but I need to, nobody else will so I will." Father said grabbing his sword.

"No. No father stop this now." I blocked the entrance to his tent. "I understand you want justice for Ned Stark, for your best friend. I would do the same if it were Sansa. The Lannisters are evil people I know father. But end this-

"For me and for William and for your own life and theirs, end this." I said. "Why are you here why aren't you with your mother?" He said. "Because mother has betrayed our family, she sent Issac across the sea." I said.

"What?" Father said concerned.

"End this now father please. We can combine alliances in the future, make a powerful army for when the day comes we bring down the Lannisters. Don't do it today. Call off your men, don't embarrass yourselves trying to be the hero." I said.

He was thinking about what I said carefully. He placed his sword down and sat down. "Your right.. yea, your right this isn't right." He said. He went outside the tent and called off the war to everyone. I could hear from inside the tent that some of the men were mad.

My father had to keep explaining to them why. I was waiting inside seeing what would happen next walking back and forth. He came back inside the tent and I stopped. "And?" I said.

"They're okay with it, and we are going to go back home." Father said. "Oh.."

"Will you be joining us on our journey back home?" Father said already getting his stuff together. "No father. Me and William aren't going back..." I said.

"Wha- ... oh right. I guess as long as I'm with your mother she'll stop worrying and sending soldiers right." Father said. I nodded and smiled. As long as my father was with my mother that would take me and William off her mind.

"On your way back there's a forest, walk a good distance through it and you'll find Robb Starks army, stop by and see William. Catelyn Stakr is there too." I told him before leaving.

"I will." He said and kissed my forehead before I left. I rode back north before the sun set. Took hours. A lot. I did almost doze off on my horse, but then I finally made it.

I entered the camp and I looked around and saw Robb. He ran towards me and hugged me tightly. "Your okay." He said. "Yea, he surrendered he's going home. He'll stop here first for a day and then head back." I said. He hugged me again tightly.

I saw Catelyn approach and I hugged her. I let go and smiled. William ran up to me and hugged me also. "Did you see father?" He got excited. "Yes and you'll get a chance to see him before he goes home."

Some soldiers set up a tent for me. I got in my gown and went right to sleep. I was wishing I were in my bed right now but as long as I were somewhere safe and somewhere I wanted to be I was okay.

***

      Days later father and his troops arrived. They were only staying for a day though. So Robb hosted a big feast like we would have at Winterfell. Music playing some dancing and socializing.

      I sat with William and my father sat with his men and they just got drunk and laughed all night. "What do you think mother will do after fathers return." William said.

      "I don't know and I don't care. As long as it has no business with you and me." I said drinking my wine. "Yea..." he said under his breath.

      Later on when everybody was asleep I talked to father. We sat down on a fallen tree log. "Where will you go?" He said drinking water. "William will grow up to become a soldier. And I'll be Queen. I will choose my own marriage with whoever I want and whenever I want it-

      "William will find a pretty girl and do the same, whatever he chooses, but he is and will be under my protection from now on." I said to him.

      He smiled, he was proud of my decisions I guess. He stood up and headed to his tent to sleep and I did the same. Robb Starks army is where me and William would be staying from now on.