FIFTEEN

what if you were remote?
no one knows where you are

-

ROBIN AWOKE THE next morning feeling refreshed. the sleep really helped clear her mind a bit. in the morning, she decided what she was going to do.

she got out of bed rather quickly, making a short stop in her bathroom to wash her face and use the toilet. after that, she made her way downstairs, following the sound of nancy and steve's voices. they always woke up before her.

robin walked into the kitchen, finding nancy and steve talking at the table. nancy had a cup of coffee in her hand, while steve was eating his bowl of cereal.

"hey rob!" steve said cheerfully, eating another bite of cereal.

"hey," robin replied back, opening up a cupboard and grabbing a box of fruit loops. "nancy, what're you doing later?"

"nothing much, why?" nancy replied, taking a sip of her coffee.

"i have some errands to run later, and i was just wondering if you wanted to come along," robin explained, pouring cereal into the bowl she had just grabbed.

"yeah, i'm down"

"awesome," robin replied, pouring some milk into the bowl and bringing it to the table. "i'm planning on leaving around 6"

"cool! i'll be ready"

after finishing her breakfast and talking to steve and nancy, robin went back to her room. once she shut the door, she did a small celebratory dance. she was going to get nancy out of the house, and she was going to follow through with her plan.

when she checked the clock, it was already past noon. she quickly rushed to the bathroom, ready to begin her plan.

the first step of her plan was to look irresistible. that meant getting ready 6 hours before she had to leave. she began by opening her drawer and taking out a hair mask. she put that in, clipped her hair up, and began running a bath.

she sat in her bath for well over an hour, making sure to perfectly shave all the areas that needed shaved. she even exfoliated. next, she drained the bath and got into the shower, rinsing the hair mask out and washing her hair.

after her shower, she decided to do skincare. she put on an under-eye mask, a lip mask, and a sheet mask on top. while she waited for the mask to be done, she dried and styled her hair. she made her hair more voluminous and shaggier than normal.

once her masks were done and she took them off, she checked the time. it was already 5:00. she had one hour before it was time to go. she began doing her makeup, and she put on more than normal. she actually took her time on each step, making it look perfect.

it was 5:45 when her makeup was finished, leaving her with 15 final minutes to pick out an outfit and get dressed. she went for a simple, casual look, since she didn't want nancy to think there was anything planned for that night. she chose baggy jeans, a plain black jacket, and a cropped white baby tee. she paired her red converse with the outfit as her finishing touch.

she looked at herself in the mirror, satisfied with the outcome. she took a few pictures before grabbing her bag and heading to nancy's room. she knocked on the door, yelling to nancy.

"you ready?" robin asked, waiting outside the door.

"i'll be out in a minute!" nancy called back.

robin went into the living room to find steve. he was sitting on the couch, eating a can of pringles.

"hey steve," robin said, standing next to him.

"you look pretty," steve commented, looking around the room and lowering his voice for the next part of the sentence. "are you going to make a move tonight?"

robin nodded nervously, to which steve smiled. robin heard nancy's door open from upstairs. "wish me luck"

"you don't need it, but good luck"

nancy walked down the stairs to robin, immediately noticing how pretty she looked. robin looked pretty everyday in nancy's eyes, but she looked different today.

she looked confident.

"you look really pretty," nancy commented, and robin tried her best to not blush.

"thank you," she smiled, "you do too"

nancy replied with a thank you as well, and the two made their way out to the car. robin began driving once they were both buckled in their seats.

"so, where are we going?" nancy asked curiously, looking over to robin.

"just a few places," robin replied, focused on the road.

"are you going to keep it a secret?"

"yep," robin laughed, quickly glancing at nancy.

she kept driving until she reached a pottery painting place. she parked in front of the building and turned off the car.

nancy looked inside. "a pottery painting place?"

"yeah! you took me to an aquarium yesterday so i'm taking you to a pottery place since you like pottery"

"how'd you know?"

"i saw a few pictures of us from before everything. i just hoped you still liked it"

"i do! i love painting and pottery. now, c'mon! let's go inside" nancy exclaimed, making robin smile at her.

-

after spending an hour painting their mugs, they made their way back to the car. robin began driving again, talking and laughing with nancy as they drove.

robin drove to the same secluded spot the two had went to to look at the stars the night before. 

"the stars again," nancy smiled. "you don't know this, but i love looking at the stars too"

"i could tell," robin replied as they hiked up the hill to the top. "your eyes were like..lighting up last night. when you were looking up at them"

"really?"

"yep," robin smiled, cringing at herself inside. she was hoping she wasn't coming across as creepy.

the two laid down at the top of the hill, pointing and talking about how bright and beautiful the stars were. they were talking and laughing again, and robin was starting to gain more confidence about what she was about to do.

she looked at nancy for a few short seconds before nancy turned to look back at robin. robin smiled nervously, which nancy returned.

then, without thinking, robin leaned in and kissed her. and all felt right in the world again.

-

a/n: THE MOMENT U ALL BEEN WAITING FOR ‼️‼️