EP 11

Warning: mild language

The last quarter continued and Seirin's success was still thriving, Kuroko kept intercepting Seirin's passes and nor Hanamiya nor his team could do anything. Hanamiya's web had been destroyed and said boy was getting pissed by the second. The only thing that was still going less well for Seirin was the fact that Hyuuga still didn't managed to score a single one of his three-pointers. It was important that he scored because Seirin still needed to score more points to catch up to Kirisaki Dai Ichi.

Hyuuga had the ball again, he jumped to score a three-pointer and everyone looked expectantly. He failed again.

"Oh, come on, now." (Y/N) murmured to herself. Hyuuga really needed to get it together!

The girl sighed heavily and looked at the stands where Touou was. Then, she noticed a certain someone sitting there with them - Touou's three-pointer shooter, Sakurai Ryo. (Y/N) grabbed her phone in a quick second and called a certain pink haired girl that was sitting behind the boy.

At the stands, Momoi felt her phone ringing and picked it up.

"Huh? (Y/N)-chan?" she said in surprise. The boys from her team heard her.

"What?" Aomine asked, a bit surprised. Why would (Y/N) be calling her?

They all looked at Seirin's bench and saw (Y/N) already looking their way, waiting for Momoi to answer the call.

"Put it on speaker!" Wakamatsu said enthusiastically, he wanted to hear what Seirin's manager wanted in the middle of the last quarter. The others were also curious, but they didn't voice it. Momoi answered the phone and (Y/N)'s voice went through immediately.

"Hi, Satsuki! Could you pass the phone to the lovely boy sitting right in front of you, please?" (Y/N) asked, she had noticed that the others could hear too because Momoi wasn't holding the phone to her ear. Her words were sure to make Sakurai cutely embarrassed, although she had a more serious matter to think about.

Hearing (Y/N)'s words, Touou's whole team looked to see who was sitting in front of Momoi and Sakurai almost had an attack when he realized the girl wanted to talk to him.

"Quickly, Sakurai-kun, pick up the phone please. I would very much appreciate your assistance." (Y/N) said and Sakurai, although super embarrassed and nervous, grabbed the phone and spoke to her.

"W-what is it, (L/N)-san?" he asked, his voice trembling.

"Sakurai-kun, you are one of the best three-pointer shooters I've had the pleasure of meeting, so I know you know quite a bit about this subject." She started to say, her voice was all business, but Sakurai blushed at the compliment. "As you can see, Hyuuga-senpai is having trouble. Can you explain to me what on earth could be wrong with him? What makes you three-pointer shooters miss?" she asked. Her question surprised them all again.

"What the hell?" Wakamatsu said. This girl was seriously asking her rivals for advice? (Y/N) heard him, but she ignored his words, waiting for Sakurai's answer.

"Hum, w-well . . ." the boy started to answer and (Y/N) waited patiently. He looked at Hyuuga and analyzed him. "Huh, his shoulders are tenser than usual. He doesn't have his usual stance either. It's like he's overexcited and that's messing up his focus." He explained to her, he was so focused on answering right that he wasn't even stuttering. "But you see, that could be not the reason. Three-pointer shots that require a delicate touch are a matter of chance. No matter how good the shot, sometimes the ball just doesn't go in." he said and (Y/N) sighed.

"Maybe, but I think the 'overexcited' part is the problem here." she commented. Sakurai gulped and spoke again.

"Even if they simply can't score, three-pointer shooters tend to just need to get it right once. After that, they won't miss again, they just need that one shot. Hyuuga-san is especially like that." Sakurai finished explaining. (Y/N) smiled.