EP 23

Warning: mild language

    The game proceeded, now with Murasakibara on offense. Hyuuga, Mitobe and Kiyoshi united to mark him, but the purple haired boy was easily pushing them back. 

    The three of them were trying their best, but still they couldn't stop Murasakibara from moving. What amazing power he had!

    Fukui passed the ball to Murasakibara and he jumped higher than the three marking him and grabbed the ball. Then, he jumped and turned towards the basket while he was in the air, like a cyclone, and scored. This technique of his was called Thor's Hammer, such was the power of it. Hyuuga, Kiyoshi and Mitobe even fell to the ground with the force of it.

    "Oh, sorry." Murasakibara said not sounding apologetic at all. "I didn't think you'd be knocked down so easily." He told Kiyoshi in a provoking way.

    "We're not finished yet." Kiyoshi said with a frown and quickly passed the ball to Izuki.

    Izuki ran towards Yosen's basket. Now, that Murasakibara was on offense, they thought they would be free to do counterattacks, but Murasakibara shut them down again. With tremendous speed, a bit unusual for someone of his size, the purple haired giant ran ahead and got in front of Izuki to mark him. Izuki passed the ball to Kiyoshi again, and he ran to get past Murasakibara. Before he did, he decided to jump and shoot, but Murasakibara jumped after him. Kiyoshi tried to pass the ball to Izuki, while he was in the air, but Murasakibara was already familiar with that strategy and slapped he ball out of his hands.

    Fukui got the ball and ran with it, Murasakibara ran towards Seirin's basket, received the ball from Fukui and jumped to dunk it. 

    Kagami jumped to try and stop him, but Murasakibara was too angry and too determined to defeat them all. He wasn't going to lose a battle of strength against Kagami. He dunked the ball with so much force Kagami fell to the ground and the structure that held the hoop fell as well. 

    No one could believe the strength of that monster! He destroyed the hoop!

    Murasakibara turned towards Kagami.

    "Basketball is a contest of shortcomings. The hoop is three meters in the air, you can't call that fair. The game favors the tall. That's the foundation of this shitty sport. What's so fun about this? To me, all ideals are nothing but trash." Murasakibara told them and everyone was silent after what just happened. 

    Even Yosen's players were shocked.

    The game had to be paused until the hoop was replaced. While that happened, Kiyoshi gasped for air and reminisced about what happened when he was in middle school and lost a match against Teiko. Against the Generation of Miracles. That time he was a spirited boy that just wanted to play and protect his teammates, but Murasakibara destroyed them cruelly. When they were leaving the court, Murasakibara spited Kiyoshi even more by mentioning how he wasn't able to protect anyone from his team.

    Kiyoshi clenched his teeth, he couldn't let that happen again. He had to protect Seirin! 

    The game finally resumed and Kiyoshi tried to shoot the ball, but Murasakibara stopped him again. 

    A bit more than five minutes were left until the end of the third quarter and Seirin was losing 32-41.

    Murasakibara had the ball once again and with his 'Thor's Hammer' technique, he scored again. Kiyoshi was getting more agitated. 

    He jumped to get the ball at a rebound and was going to succeed, but Murasakibara appeared from behind him and grabbed the ball with one hand just like Kiyoshi did with his Vice Claw. He was completely overwhelming Kiyoshi, just like he intended.