EP 20

I'm really sorry for the delay!

We're heading towards the end of Season 2! 

    As expected, Seirin won their next two games. They stumbled a bit on one of them, but everything turned out fine. The other Generation of Miracles still competing also won all their games and were advancing in the tournament.

    Now, Seirin was at the quarter-finals and their next opponent would be Yosen High School. It wasn't going to be good. At Yosen's third match, something unheard of happened. They won their match 81- 0. Their opponents didn't score a single basket, they didn't get past Yosen's defense even once. 

    Alex had been watching that match and looked serious. 

    As she made her way out, she saw Yosen's team. Among them, she saw Himuro and got happy. She went towards him and the boy greeted her nicely, he hadn't seen her in a while. Alex took the opportunity to talk with Himuro and he agreed. 

    They went outside so they could talk in private.

    "You're playing Taiga tomorrow, aren't you?" Alex asked him nicely.

    "Yeah, we are." Himuro said with a small laugh. "Have you already seen Taiga?" he asked her, his voice still smooth.

    "Yeah, of course." Alex answered happily. "By the way, I'm teaching him something I didn't show him while he was in America." She said and Himuro's visible eye turned dark.

    "Really? I see." He said, not sounding affected at all.

    "But, it's not as though I only favor Taiga. I'll be cheering for both of you tomorrow, of course." Alex said with a smile and Himuro was looking angrier. "After all, it's the match between my two pupils. Win or lose, I'm expecting a great game!" she said happily, not noticing Himuro's changed expression until he spoke.

    "Alex, could you stop treating me like a kid?" Himuro told her, his voice was harsher and the woman was surprised. "I don't enjoy it. This isn't some child's quarrel. Taiga is only my enemy, now. You're not my mother. I'm grateful you taught me how to play basketball, but I'm stronger than you now." The boy told her and Alex's eyes turned severe as well. 

    Their conversation ended there.

    Both Seirin and Yosen were watching their opponents' recorded games to study their strategies and type of playing. Seirin had just finished watching the video of Yosen's third game, where the other team didn't score a single basket. Obviously, they were all taken aback by it. Yosen was the complete opposite of Touou's super aggressive style. It's not enough to call their overwhelming defense impenetrable.

    At the same time, Yosen discussed Seirin's team. They thought that they were decent and had backbone. They had managed to beat Touou, so their offensive power was probably the strongest in the tournament now. They were looking forward to the day of the match, their super defensive team against Seirin's super offensive team. It would be interesting.

    The day before the match, Kuroko was still practicing his shooting with Aomine. Seirin's shadow had to make use of every free time he had to practice. He had to be ready for when his new ability was necessary.

    It was finally time for their match. It was already dark outside when Seirin finally entered the court. As they went in, the crowd cheered for them. Ever since their win over Touou, Seirin had gained supporters.

    "Here they come!" the people shouted.

    "Go, Seirin!" someone cheered.

    "Can't wait to see today's match!" another said excitedly.

    "They're the astounding rising stars making incredible progress in their second year only!" another cheered.

    After Seirin, Yosen walked inside as well and the crowd wasn't less excited to see them. The difference in size was amazing. Yosen consisted of mostly tall guys. Three of them were above 2 meters high! Murasakibara included.

    Seirin was sitting on their bench, waiting for the referee to call them to start the game. Kagami was lost in thought, looking at his chain ring he had on his hand. He was finally going to play against Himuro again. (Y/N) had been looking at him and her eyes turned serious. Only she knew what she was thinking about.

    They were going to start with their strongest group. Kiyoshi, Hyuuga, Izuki, Kagami and Kuroko. All of them were ready.

    A few minutes later, both teams were on their respective positions in the court. Murasakibara looked at Kiyoshi.

    "Haven't seen you since our street ball game this summer." The purple haired giant said and Kiyoshi looked at him curiously. "I didn't forget you this time. Maybe I'll start by crushing you, Kiyoshi Teppei." He told Kiyoshi with bored eyes.

    "I'm glad you remember me, but I'd like to see you try." Kiyoshi retorted with a smile. He was always a nice person even if someone was being mean to him.

    Kagami turned towards Himuro.

    "Tatsuya." He called and Himuro looked at him with a hard gaze. "I wish things could stay the way they were, but I'm done worrying about the details. If you're standing in our way, I won't hesitate! I'll crush you with everything I have!" the red haired told him and at the bench, (Y/N) nodded approvingly.

    "I'm relieved. Now, I can play without reservations, Taiga." Himuro told him with a harsh gaze.

    The game finally started and it wasn't a conventional start, to say the least. Right after the referee sent the ball into the air and Murasakibara tapped it to his team, the referee's whistle was heard. Apparently, Murasakibara made a violation because he touched the ball before it had reached its highest point in the air. Everyone else was surprised with what happened, but by the reactions of Yosen's members and coach, this was a normal thing for them. Murasakibara made this mistake many times. This fact was actually a bit scary because it showed just how high Murasakibara could reach, it was even higher than Kagami and that was worrying.

    That way, Yosen lost the ball and Seirin would start with possession of it from the side line. The game started again and Seirin was passing the ball around with great speed. 

    Hyuuga caught the ball and was free to shoot a three-pointer, but Murasakibara was right there on top of him, he was freaking huge! He slapped the ball when Hyuuga released it and Seirin's first try to score failed. 

    No matter, they would try again. They already knew it was going to be difficult to score against Yosen's amazing defense.

    Izuki had the ball and passed it to Kuroko. Himuro was going to intercept it - he hadn't seen that Kuroko was there and that the ball was passed to him - but Kuroko quickly sent it the other way towards Kagami. Himuro looked shocked, he was experiencing Kuroko's talent for the first time. 

    The red haired ace had been waiting on the other side, close to the basket and, as soon as he had the ball in his hands, he jumped to shoot it. He was unsuccessful because Murasakibara was fast and got to him quickly. Murasakibara slapped the ball when Kagami released it and Seirin's second attempt to score failed.

    The purpled haireddidn't just have long arms, he had long legs as well and his reflexes wereexceptional. 

    Murasakibara could cover a lot of distance with just one step. 

    His defensive range covered the entire area insidethe three-point line.

    They could not escape him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!