EP 15

As the team walked back to the court to resume the second quarter, Kagami was lost in thought. It wasn't like he doubted Kuroko, if he didn't go back to the game Seirin would be more than screwed. 

    Kagami glanced back to his two friends. Kuroko still looked down and (Y/N) was sitting beside him, holding his hand between hers. As much as she tried to show confidence, Kuroko's despair was taking its toll on her. Kagami turned his eyes back to the front. He had been saved by their little asses countless times. Kagami was making up his mind, he would believe, but not expect anything. He had to do his best to keep the scores close to each other by the time Kuroko was ready to come back. Beating Aomine didn't matter anymore. This time, Kagami would be the one to save them.

    Aomine was evaluating Kagami's look and he liked the determination he saw.

    The second quarter resumed and Seirin had possession of the ball. Izuki passed the ball to Kagami, who was being marked by Aomine. They stayed there for a few seconds, until Kagami passed the ball to Kiyoshi. 

    Kiyoshi faked a pass to Izuki to catch Wakamatsu out of guard. The blond fell for it and Kiyoshi went around him and scored. It had been a nice teamwork. 

    Aomine looked towards Kagami.

    "Was I imagining things?" Aomine asked Kagami. "I thought you looked ready to go when you stepped on the court." He said.

    "Shut up. Kiyoshi-san just happened to be in a good position." Kagami answered. "Don't worry, I'm not planning on running away." He told him assertively and Aomine smirked.

    Aomine had the ball and Kagami was in front of him. He was finally ready to go one-on-one against Aomine. He would not fail this time! Too much was at risk. All the other teams watching, Miracles included, saw how Kagami's form as he waited for Aomine's move was relaxed. He was calm and ready.

    Kagami extended his hand to tap the ball from Aomine, who was dribbling it in place. He was fast, but Aomine reacted in time. He sent the ball to his other hand from behind his back, went around Kagami and jumped to shoot. It looked like he once again had bested Kagami, until the red haired ace surprised everyone by jumping behind Aomine and smacking the ball out of his hands. Even Aomine was stunned by that.

    It was like Kuroko's utter defeat unleashed Kagami's true strength. The power he had been unconsciously suppressing was being released. Seirin's players were surprised by seeing Kagami's real strength for the first time. 

    Aomine couldn't help but smirk with excitement.

    "Good. You're finally getting excited." The blue haired boy said. "I didn't expect much from you, but you've improved considerably. I might be able to play a little harder this time. Entertain me, Kagami." Aomine said with a big and eager grin on his face. He had the eyes of a mad man, though.

    The game was on between them. Aomine's speed had increased again. He was even faster than before, but Kagami was able to keep up with him. The game proceeded with an intense battle between both aces. No matter how much their teammates wanted to help or participate, there wasn't much they could do. It was like being in the middle of giants.

    (Y/N) and Kuroko had been watching with amazed eyes. They couldn't believe Kagami's strength. He truly was on par with the Generation of Miracles. And even with all that, Kagami still analyzed everything going on in the court, he would give the ball to his team every time it was the better choice! Not like Aomine, who wanted to do everything alone to the point of stealing the ball from his own teammates.

    After once again blocking one of Aomine's formless shots, Kagami turned towards him.

    "I don't mind entertaining you. If you can afford to take it that easy." Kagami told him, and Aomine was actually starting to get annoyed.