EP 16

-----Back to Touou's locker room before the second half-----

    Momoi was explaining Kuroko's misdirection and how to beat it to her teammates.

    "He's not invisible throughout the entire game. Generally, he's just difficult to notice because of his weak presence. Because he is, you make sure you don't lose sight of him. However, when you do that, your gaze is most easily misdirected. This is how (Y/N)-chan had him defeat Takao-kun on their game against Shutoku. The harder you try to look at him, the deeper you fall into his trap. It makes you an easy target for his misdirection." Momoi explained.

    "It's quite simple what must be done, then. Just try not to look at him, right?" Imayoshi asked.

    "He uses his misdirection when coordinating with his teammates. Just before he does, he makes eye contact with the player he's coordinating with. The player he makes eye contact with is a mirror that reflects him. He'll be in that player's vision." Momoi explained further.

    "In order to stay on Kuroko without losing track of him, we should look at his mirrors." Imayoshi said. He was understanding what had to be done.

    "More dangerous than his passes and drives, is the misdirection he uses to support all his techniques. When that becomes useless, he is powerless." Momoi finished.

-----Back to present-----

    With Momoi's information, Touou knew what to do. They decided that the best person to mark Kuroko and make his misdirection useless was Imayoshi. This guy not only understood everything, he also saw everything. Kuroko had no way to escape from his gaze.

    With Imayoshi immobilizing Kuroko, the other players had a harder time to make passes. Kuroko couldn't help them, no matter what he did. 

    Like it was expected, this broke Seirin's balance and they started to fall back. Even Kagami was getting distracted to the point his initial power had reduced significantly. 

    With this, Touou was able to score how they wanted. The gap in the scores was getting bigger and bigger. 

    Less than three minutes were left to the end of the third quarter and Seirin was losing 56-70.

    Kise was still watching with his team mates. They knew things weren't going well for Seirin.

    "The third quarter is almost over. I thought they were doing well, too." Moriyama said. He was talking like Seirin had already lost.

    "What are you talking about? It's not over, yet!" Kise said agitated.

    "No. They have no chance of a comeback." Kasamatsu said and Kise turned towards him.

    "You too, senpai? Are you saying it's impossible for them to close the gap?" the blond asked.

    "That's not it. Look." Kasamatsu instructed him and Kise looked up at Seirin's players. His eyes widened, Kuroko was now being marked by Susa. It wasn't necessary for Imayoshi to keep doing it because Kuroko's misdirection already ran out. Every single opponent could see Kuroko perfectly. "The more he uses his misdirection, the less effective it gets." Kasamatsu explained. "He can't use it for the entire 40 minutes. His misdirection had run out completely. Seirin has no more cards to play. There's nothing left." Kasamatsu said with a hard voice. "Seirin lost." he finished.

    Or so that's what he thought.

    Imayoshi decided to be unpleasant and spite Kuroko with Seirin's failure.