EP 21

The game went on and Seirin was in trouble. They still hadn't scored and Yosen was making a lot of points because even when they shot the ball and missed, they would get the ball on the rebound because they were so tall. Kagami and Kiyoshi were the tallest in Seirin, so they were the ones in charge of the rebounds, but neither of them could get higher than the guys from Yosen. And then, when Seirin tried to score for themselves, Murasakibara would be under the basket waiting and he would block every single shot Seirin tried.

    The thing was that Murasakibara was actually really strong on the offense, but he always played on defense because he couldn't be bothered to run. So he simply stayed under the basket, defending the whole area inside the three-point line. It was almost always effective so he didn't bothered to make any more effort in a game. Very rarely would he get annoyed at some opposing team or player and would actually play at offense to destroy them.

    Twenty seconds were left until the end of the first quarter and Seirin was losing 0 -18. Riko was worried, if they didn't get to score a single time on this quarter and Yosen scored again and got to be 20 points ahead of them, the boys' mental stability could crumble. Even if they kept strong, they would be unconsciously demoralized by such a gap.

    Yosen had the ball and shot the ball towards Seirin's basket. Kagami wouldn't let them score again, they all knew what was at stake. He jumped and managed to touch the ball with his finger, making it bounce back when it hit the hoop. 

    Kiyoshi and Hyuuga were trying to get the rebound, but their opponents were a lot bigger. Kiyoshi wouldn't give up, though. During their training with Kagetora, he practiced grabbing the ball with only one hand like a claw. His big hand allowed him to do so and he already had experience in doing it. After all, that power was what gave him his Right of Postponement. This move was called the Vice Claw.

    Kiyoshi jumped as high as he could and succeeded at catching the ball with his hand. Like that, Yosen didn't get the rebound and didn't score. The first quarter ended with a gap of 18 points to 0 instead of 20. At least Seirin had that.

    At the bench, Riko was explaining to them what to do in the second quarter. Everyone was listening carefully. Murasakibara's defensive power on the inside gave the other four the freedom to put pressure on Seirin on the outside. Seirin wouldn't win if they tried to score from the outside zone alone. They had to be able to score from the inside area. They had to manage to go around Murasakibara.

    (Y/N) was behind Kuroko and after listening to the team talk about what they had to do, she put her hands on Kuroko's shoulders. Kuroko had a determined look on his face and spoke to the team.

    "Excuse me." He said and the others looked at him curiously. "Let me do it." The blue haired boy requested simply and the others were surprised. 

    Even so, they agreed. Kuroko had been practicing after all, and it wasn't like they had any other option at the moment.

    At that time, Aomine and Momoi were arriving to the stands. Momoi had managed to make Aomine come with her to watch. Her eyes widened when she saw the scores.

    "Uh-oh, they're nearly at their limit." Aomine said immediately, his face didn't show any interest in the matter, but he was actually surprised because Seirin's offensive power was far from weak. He guessed Murasakibara's power was able to shut them out on the first-quarter.

    The second quarter started. Seirin had the ball and Yosen's defense was as tight as ever. Izuki passed the ball to Kiyoshi, who was being marked by Murasakibara, close to the basket.