Chapter 4: (Natashas POV)

Chapter 4: (Natashas' POV)

Word Count: 3.4k

A/N: Sorry this one is much much shorter, I'm finding it hard to write alongside the movie because it slightly stifles the directions I can take most of this. I hope you guys like it though! I'm off to study abroad for a semester so I'll still write but it might be at a different pace. 

They get closer to the gate that surrounds the home at the bottom of the small valley. They come face to face with the barrel of a sniper and none of them wavier as it is slowly lowered. Alexei is the one to step forward first and smiles at the dark-haired woman. "Honey, we're home. Come on girls" As she steps inside Melina speaks from the doorway as she makes her way to the kitchen to fetch something. "Welcome to my humble abode." she returns with a bottle and he hand full of shot glasses. "Make yourself at home. Let's have a drink" she sets it all down and looks out the window at Y/N who is sitting on the porch. "Why is that man slouched like a drunken general?" Natasha looks up and sees him slouched over on the porch steps holding his head and his arm. She makes her way over to him and calls for Melina. The two of them help him stand up and move him to the couch.

Melina peels back the bandages on his head and the makeshift one on his arm. "He'll need stitches and some fluids..." she looks back up at Natasha who has her face in deep thought "Stay here and clean the wounds, I will get the supplies." she stands from his side and hands Natasha, a wet towel once she is out of the kitchen.

Kneeling down beside him, she begins to gently clean off the gash on his arm. Once that is completely cleaned off she changes the side of the towel she is using and moved to the wound on his head. As she cleans the dirt and dust from his face she sees how at peace he is. He's currently asleep or unconscious while she cleans the blood from the side of his head that had dripped through his bandage. When he's asleep he looks just as he did before. As he did when they would fall asleep in his bed. How he looked when he was laying in the hospital bed in Vienna. When he was pretending to be himself again.

She could love the man once again but could she trust the man he used to be to never return?

- - -

Melina finishes stitching him up and joins the rest of the makeshift family at the table. They can hear the grunting of Alexei coming from the bathroom and the two younger widows hang their heads in embarrassment.

The footsteps of the heavy man seem to almost shake the house as he walks into the living room. "Eh! Still Fits!" Melina responds to the man in his original Red Guardian uniform with a wolf whistle.

Yelena's face is pure horror as she sees the man "Oh, my god" she turns away in embarrassment and Natasha looks at the man with no amusement.

Y/N on the other hand opens his eyes for a moment and sees the giant red and white man in his hazy vision. He smiles and yells out "Santa! Fuck yeah!" before shutting his eyes again. Melina leans over towards Natasha and whispers "He should be out for a few more hours". She purses her lips at the information. Melina turns to Alexei "I never washed it once. Come and drink" motioning him to sit at the table with the rest of the former family.

Alexei sings for a moment before taking his shot "Rise, you workers of salvation" he smiles at those around the table "Family back together again. Mmm."

Melina begins to pour the other shots with a plastic face "Seeing as our family construct was just a calculated ruse that only lasted three years," she sets the bottle down slightly harder than intended "I don't think that we can use this term anymore, can we?" she looks up at the others around her and they remain silent before Natasha sees her opportunity to speak.