Chapter 3: (Multi POV)

Word Count: 7k

(Yelenas' POV)

- - -Budapest- - -

Getting settled into the apartment was easy for Yelena as she only had a few items with her. After eating whatever wasn't fully expired she looked around at the life her sister had while living here. She examined the rooms but not long before a knock at the door brought her into a defensive mode. She waited for a moment hoping the source of the sound would just move on but seconds later another knock followed and she went against her better judgement, slowly moving towards the door she held her gun close behind her back. She greeted the man in front of her with a small smile. "Hello? What can I do for you?"

The man matched her smile and she had to admit the smile did not meet his eyes, the scars on his face seemed to elevate this and she felt a disconnect from his calm attitude. "I'm here to speak to a Ms Belova. I work with a group that has a business offer... We heard you're currently unemployed" the smirk that formed on his lips caused Yelenas' skin to stand on edge. She held the gun in full sight "How did you find me?" she said eyeing the man up cautiously.

"We have many resources and finding people is one of them, may I come in to talk..." he held his hands in front of her as to stop her "-you can search me for weapons if needed, I promise I'm unarmed" Allowing the man in she searched him for a moment and then they sat at the dining table.

"Ms Belova, we are a group called Leviathan and we have an interest in your journey towards healing... I have knowledge of how the red room can operate and I assure you that Leviathan prides itself on providing freedom to all." he produced a business card and slid it across the table. It only had a number on it that blended into the rest of the card. You had to let the light catch it at an angle to read the number. "We know how to find you, but if you ever need to talk, that is my number..." he paused and looked out the window for a moment "Leviathan helped me heal and gain a new perspective on things from my past, they have a way with words I guess" he shrugged and his smile again didn't reach his eyes, "think it over and call me if you have questions" he stood up from the table and began to walk away.

As Yelena turned her head she saw red hair enter the building and quickly stopped him. She pulled him into a room that was hidden from the front hallway and motioned for him to stay quiet. The two of them heard the front door open. Yelena drew her gun and whispered for the man to stay in place. She slowly walked forward while staying hidden "I know you're out there."

"I know you know I'm out here." When the woman spoke up she heard the sound of the floorboards behind her creak and she saw the man stand on guard with his own gun out. She looked at him with bewilderment. Where the fuck was he hiding tha- oh. Her eyes slightly dip down and if she could speak at this moment she would let out a low and disappointed 'What the fuck...'. He winks at her and she rolls her eyes and continues on "Then why are you skulking about like it's a minefield?"

"Cause I don't know if I can trust you"

- - -

(Y/Ns' POV)

"Cause I don't know if I can trust you"

You snickered at her words and waited for a moment as the two continued their conversation. Soon enough the two of them were fighting brutally and after a minute you just stood there and watched. As they were strangling each other you grabbed a bag of chips that were on a counter and waited for the two to finish. As they stood up Natasha caught the sight of you and stared wide-eyed as you gave her the same sly smile and wink as when you last left her. "Hi, Natty..." This time giving her a little wave of hello "Miss me?" She turned to Yelena and clenched her jaw.