Chapter 4: The escaping, The nice lady

As the ambulance is on their way I make a quick call for my umber. Still all shook up. After I manage to somewhat calm down I rush to my mother's room and grab lots of cash, that is hidden in the wardrobe on the top shelf. She thought I never knew.

It's so easy to think I just don't care, but no. She was a bitch, she hated me, but she was my mother after all. She's done some things to me, but I deserved it.

It's just overwhelming to see someone dead. I'm shaken up, but I have to do something, until I won't be able. Until they put me in foster care or orphanage. Malcolm knows nothing and I don't want to disturb him, so he'll get a phone call from the hospital probably later. Maybe he'll worry about me, maybe he won't. Who knows.

All I know now is that I need to get to LA, to my uncle who actually likes me more than my mother ever did, before the police starts looking for me. I may be a child, but I'm not stupid. I know how it works and I don't wanna be in the orphanage even for a day.

I run to my room and quickly change my clothes. I put the cash and the most important things in the backpack. I put there some clothes and my phone charger. Also, I have to take my old plushie.

I just...need to. It's gift from my daddy and it means everything to me.

I have my uncle's apartment address written on a little chit that's placed in my drawer, I put it in my pants pocket before grabbing my jacket.

I make my way downstairs and pull on my sneakers.
I see the car pulling up at my house. It must be the Uber. It's really important for me to get out of here before the ambulance gets here.

I run outside and open the car door before getting into the car. I tell the guy the address and we instantly start going. I start counting to 100 in my head to calm myself down. I still don't really know what's going on. In a matter of less than 15 minutes happened more than in my entire life.

"Are you okay? You seem a little-" he searches for the right word "shaken up" he adds with a concerned look on his face

"Yes, yes. I'm okay" I lie sternly, not wanting to talk with anyone.

My head is above the clouds searching for answers. No wonder why she confessed all of these horrible things yesterday. She even said she loved me. That brings another answer to me. She knew what she was doing. She did it on purpose. Is all this because of Malcolm leaving? I guess, she really didn't wanna stay with me.

She hated me as much as she loved me.

She was a tough woman, who was giving tough love. Well, she didn't give it to me. More likely, she gave me the hate, gall. I don't wanna confess it, but I feel kinda bad.

What if Malcolm thinks it's my fault, because as soon as he left everything went to shit? I can't lose my brother. He's my hope.

Through the rest of our ride, I wonder what I'm gonna tell my uncle when I get to his apartment. I can't tell him his sister-in-law just killed herself. I had to come up with a clever excuse.

Okay, so you tell him that Malcolm left and your mother sent you to him (uncle), because she needed some space - I keep repeating in my head

My uncle knew my mother didn't prickle me with love.

After an hour, we finally get to the place. LA center. Wow, I've been here only twice. It's a really nice place. I like big cities. The circumstances are not amazing, but what can I do?

Few tears slip down my cheek as the imagine of my mother keeps showing up in my head.

I pay the man, grab my things and get out of the car.
Now, I'm standing in front of a tall, big, expensive looking building. I pull the chit out of my pocket to check if it's the right address for sure. Yes, it is.