Chapter 30: Change of mind

After Aunt and I drank some tea and talked a bit, we decided to go back to sleep. I feel better, much more...peaceful. I know I'm tired, but I feel pretty alive, and that feeling is wonderful.

Sometimes, I have those moments when after my somewhat called 'depressive episodes', I'm calm and I can think rationally. It's happening now. I hold no negativity towards anybody. I don't see a point in it and I absolutely love that.

I keep on wondering about the grandma thing. What if I talked to her? What if of all the people that talk to her, I'll be the one to help her realize?

And if it doesn't help, at least I'll try. I know what to say.

I shouldn't have to hide or run away. Lizzie definitely shouldn't fight with her over me. It's just causing troubles.

The guilt followed me around for a couple of days, but as the time ran, I started feeling a bit better.

Today, I'm especially glad I feel well, because Theo's coming to town. We were supposed to meet up days ago, but I didn't well so well and then the grandma thing happened. Everything all at once. But finally we'll get to set up our Lego today.

I talked with Mom yesterday and asked how things are going. I caught that she's refusing to tell me all about it honestly. I'm not surprised though, maybe I'm even grateful. Who knows what the elder woman really thinks of me? I don't think I wanna know.

I told her I'm feeling better and calm and I'm eating well, she certainly seemed happy about that. She told me Grandma's feeling a bit better too. I'm not sure if she talked some sense into her yet, but if not, like I said, I will try. That, I didn't tell her, because she'd panic Grandma would speak meanly.

I'm used to meanly, nothing worse than what I already heard can't be said.

Aunts are supposed to take me home after lunch. If I heard right, they're taking their Grandma and Grandpa out to some restaurant for dinner when Theo comes to hang out with me.

It's around 2 pm. I take my backpack out of the car and run up the stairwell, aunts behind me.

"Hi, Mom!" I exclaim, when I come in

"Hey, girl!" We hug for a welcome, Mom stroking my hair

I notice Grandpa walking up.

"Hey" I speak, sending a soft smile at him

I don't know him well enough to be as excited as when seeing Mom, but I am happy to see him.

Grandma seems as diffident as when I saw her the last time, but what really left me confused and astonished is when I walk in the living room, she sends me a small, rather non-meaningful grin. Of course, I smile back.

When everybody, expect the two of us, is busy talking and laughing by the front door, I decide to take action.

The elder blonde woman is sitting on the couch, her mind so buried in her thoughts I could literally see her thinking. Her leg legs crossed, her hands rubbing one another in delicate way - she's clearly stressed out.

Y'know, I'm mad at her in one way, because she's not rational, stating facts like it's not true that I'm her granddaughter, but I also feel for her. This whole thing must've been a shock and for an elder person, who has her stereotypical beliefs, she had the right no to take it well.

I just really wish it wasn't about me. I really didn't wanna be the reason for anybody to fight, again.

I decide to sit next to her on the couch. I look up at her, my eyes studying her face expression. She looks at me with somewhat concerned eyes, then quickly looks away.