Part 17- Reunion

You and Jackie finish cleaning before heading down to the pier for food and drinks. You sit at your usual spot, facing the water. 

"So, when are your friends joining us?" You ask not so excitedly.

"You know you could act more interested. I think you will really like them. They should be here soon" Jackie laughs as you pull a face at her wor1ds "I'll go get the first round of drinks while you decide on food" 

She walks off laughing as you mentally prepare yourself for what's to come. 

**** Time Skip****

You have just finished your food and are on your second round of drinks. 

"Aren't you glad you came out tonight? There's nothing like relaxing with a drink in your hand" 

"Yeah if you class being forced to socialise as relaxing" Jackie laughs and rolls her eyes as you take a sip of your drink

"I'll get you plenty of drinks to make up for it" She raises her glass at you and you raise yours.

"It's going to take a lot more drinks to make up for this" You smile, jokingly as you take a sip of your drink but you get interrupted as you hear a voice from behind you.

"Hmm, guess we're dealing with some alcoholics tonight" You hear someone say.

"Maybe we shouldn't have joined" You hear someone else add to the conversation. 

"I'll have you know-" You stand up, turning around about to argue back but stop dead in your tracks. 

"Ellesse, these are the guys we will be drinking with tonight" She says, smirking. 

"I... How..." You stand there, dumbfounded as standing in front of you is two people you know very well. 

"Hey Doll" 

"Missed us?" Steve and Bucky stand in front of you, smiling down at you. 

You stand there frozen to the spot for a few seconds before snapping out of it and hugging Steve. "How are you here? You weren't meant to arrive for a couple more days!" You let go of Steve, moving to Bucky and hugging him. 

Bucky wraps his arms around you tightly before answering "We managed to finish early and thought we would surprise you" 

You suddenly realise something and turn around to face Jackie. "You knew about this!?" 

"Yup. I got a letter a few days ago from them asking me to bring you out tonight. Luckily we had already planned to go out so I thought it would be funny to take it to the next level and tell you we were meeting some guys.  Do you know how hard it was to get you here? Or how hard it was to keep it a secret while you were going on about them? I almost told you!" She smiles, proud of herself for keeping the secret.

"You told her you were meeting some guys?" Bucky looks between you both, a mixture of worry and confusion showing on his face.

"Yeah, and she almost didn't come!" Bucky shows a bit of relief before hiding his emotions. You smile slightly at his jealousy. "Right, I think we need more drinks to get this night started"

"Come on, next rounds on me" Steve says, as he and Jackie walk towards the bar.

You turn towards Bucky and smile "Hmm did I sense a bit of jealousy then?"

"Me? Jealous? Never" he smirks. He gets closer but stops when he sees Steve coming back over. "Cone on, let's sit down"

You all sit down and talk for what seems like hours. " I can't believe you guys are really here"

"You've got us for a whole week, doll" Your face drops as you hear Buck's words.

"A week? That's it? Does that mean your only away for a little while?" You question, hoping your right.

"err not exactly..." Steve's face drops and you know straight away that it's not good news.

"So then how long exactly do you mean!?" This is where you start to worry.

"Ellesse, i'm sure it's not that bad. I mean, surely it cant be for that long, right?" Jackie tries to make it sound better but Steve and Buck's faces dont change. They stay silent.

"Buck?" He looks at you and you can tell he doesnt want to say anything. "Please tell me"

He sighs. "6 months"

"What!?"

***** authors note*****

What do you think of it so far? And what would you like to see happen?

P.s. sorry about the spelling and grammar mistakes, im writing this on a new tablet and still getting used to it!