Swapped At Death

Jongho x Yunho

After a long day at college, Jongho stops at his favourite café to grab a drink.

"Hello sir, what would you like today?" the young cashier asks.

"Mmm, I'll have a mango and banana smoothie please."

"That'll be ₩ 6,000 for the drink sir, would you like to donate an additional ₩ 1,000 to charity? If not, you can just take a seat while your drink's being made."

Jongho smiles, nods, and pays the ₩ 7,000 before finding his seat in front of the window. It's a beautiful spring day outside with a clear blue sky, vibrant green trees, and flowers blooming everywhere. The smell of coffee makes the whole place feel warm.

"Mango and banana smoothie!" the young man yells, getting Jongho's attention.

"Thank you"

He sips the smoothie as he exits the café. Being rushed with the cool air outside, he puts the hood on his sweater and moves over to the crosswalk. His bus is scheduled to arrive any minute now. As soon as the little man appears, signalling he can cross, Jongho doesn't waste a second. But then...

CRASH!

He regains consciousness in a completely different environment than he was in before--

"Next!" a deepish voice yells.

Jongho spots a man sitting behind what seems to be some kind of reception desk. He tots over to the man, eyebrows knit in confusion.

"Mr..." he trails off before looking at the nameplate, "Jeong Yunho, what is this place? And why the Hell is it so hot?" he asks, rolling up his sleeves to cool himself down.

"Exactly, now what is your name?" Yunho mutters while looking through a rack of files.

"Uh... Jongho, Choi Jongho. And what do you mean by exactly?"

"Oh honey, you are in Hell" Yunho sings, finally looking up at Jongho.

"I'M DEAD?" he shouts

"I mean that is what you get for drinking and driving, not to mention killing some college kid in the process" Yunho sasses.

"Drinking and driving? Just five minutes ago I was walking with my smoothie, and I don't even have a license!"

"I can't seem to find your file in the Newcomers tab. Are you telling me your real name?"

"Yes! My name is Choi Jongho!"

"One moment, I have to make a call," Yunho says as he reaches over to the phone on the other side of his desk.

Jongho takes a look around the room. It looks as if they're in a cave inside a volcano. He cranes his neck to look behind Yunho and sees a flaming pit of fire, so hot Jongho can see the heat waves, clear as day, emitting from the cavity. Lightning continually strikes the land at random. The sweat on his forehead turns to mist before he can even try to wipe it away.

"He went where?" Jongho overhears someone yelling on the phone.

"I think somehow your Choi and my Choi got mixed up" Yunho calmly replies.

"How are we supposed to get them back across the Bridge of Fate? How did your Choi even make it across?" the man over the phone frets.

"I don't know man, I'm just the secretary here," Yunho shrugs.