Come Back Home

Mingi x Yeosang

Laughter and chatter filled the air as ATEEZ gathered in their dressing room, preparing for another interview. But amid the lively banter, the other members couldn't help but notice the absence of Yeosang's usually quiet presence.

Hongjoong exchanged a knowing glance with Seonghwa, their brows furrowed in shared worry. Yeosang's known for his quiet, introverted nature but... this... this is unusual. Their eyes then shifted towards the corner of the room, where Yeosang sat in silence, his usual bright smile replaced by a preoccupied expression.

San sits at the vanity next to Yeosang and gives him a playful nudge. However, Yeosang barely flinches, lost in a world of his own thoughts. San's attempt at lightheartedness fell flat, leaving an awkward silence that hung in the air between them.

Wooyoung leaned in closer to Seonghwa and Hongjoong, his voice hushed, "Have you noticed how quiet Yeosang has been lately? Like, I know he's usually quiet, but he seems off..."

Seonghwa nods solemnly, his gaze fixed on Yeosang, "Yeah, something's definitely off — I've caught him staring into space more than once, it's been happening more and more lately. I wonder what's bothering him..."

"Sangie," San calls as the makeup artist works on his face.

Yeosang's eyes blink rapidly at the sound of his nickname, finally snapping out of his trance. He looks through the mirror in the direction of San's voice, finding his fellow member sitting beside him, also undergoing his own makeup transformation.

"Yes, Sannie?"

San's eyes meet Yeosang's in the mirror, "You've been awfully quiet lately, Sangie. Is everything okay?"

"I'm fine," Yeosang states, a little too quickly to be genuine.

San's eyebrows furrow slightly, "Are you sure, Sangie? You know you can always talk to us, right?"

Yeosang tenses for a moment, his gaze shifting away from the mirror.

"I know," he sighs, "I-I gotta get changed now though..."

With that, he gets out of his chair and walks across the room to the clothing rack.

★★★

"And... action!" the director shouts as ATEEZ's interview commences.

The director's voice cuts through the filming room. The atmosphere shifts as the members put on their professional masks, ready to face the cameras and share their vibrant personalities with the world.

The interviewer introduces ATEEZ with enthusiasm, and the camera pans to the group, capturing their confident and charismatic presence. The room fills with smiles and excitement as the interview begins,

"Welcome, ATEEZ! It's great to have you here today. Before we begin, I wanted to address something that has been making headlines recently. It was announced that Yeosang and Mingi are in a relationship, which has brought much joy and support from your fans. However, we notice that Mingi isn't here with us today..."

Hongjoong takes the lead, "Ah yes! We appreciate the love and support our fans have shown towards Yeosang and Mingi's relationship. Regarding Mingi's absence, he, unfortunately, couldn't join us today due to scheduling conflicts."

Yeosang's performative smile drops for a split second only to return when he remembers he's on camera.

"Aww, that's too bad!" the interviewer pouts, "Well, Yeosang, with your recent relationship announcement, how have the dynamics between you two changed?"