OT8

San x Seonghwa

Four years. For four freaking years, he's had a crush on his best friend and bandmate, Park Seonghwa. And it's tearing him apart.

He hasn't told any members of the group for fear they'll be uncomfortable or they'll shun him — something he knows deep down inside they'll never do. He's just scared.

To ATEEZ, San is known as a guy who loves skinship, especially if it's from the aforementioned Park Seonghwa. So no one suspects anything unusual between them. Seonghwa, being the mother figure he is, welcomes the clingy San with open arms. Until San started becoming more and more distant, leaving Seonghwa and the other members severely confused.

"Sannie we're going to have a movie night tonight, come join us!" Seonghwa shouts to San as he enters the kitchen.

"Alright Hyung," San turns to face Seonghwa, sighing with a small smile.

A bright smile spreads across Seonghwa's face as he skitters back to tell the boys.

San turns back around and stares down at his cup of tea.

Get a grip San! He likes you as a friend, nothing more so just get over yourself! he scolds himself when the warm, fuzzy thoughts of Seonghwa start flooding back into his mind.

His chest hurts as he denies himself once again. Oh, how he wishes he wasn't such a coward.

He doesn't realize how long he's been staring into his cup when Yunho places a hand on his shoulder, taking him out of his trance.

"H-hi Yunho-hyung," he stutters.

"Hey Sannie, are you okay? Seonghwa's been calling your name, we're about to start the movie," he informs.

San's eyes widen and his eyebrows shoot up remembering,

"Oh, yeah, I'll be there in a minute, I just need to add some milk and sugar to my tea!"

Back in the living room, the 7 boys are fooling around and teasing each other while they wait for San.

"Shut up you guys, don't make it weird!" he hears Seonghwa whine while trying to hold back his laughter, a blush prominent on his cheeks.

San's mood picks up at the sound of the older's laughter.

"What's going on?" he smirks, now seeing Seonghwa in the corner of the couch, arms crossed with a playful pout.

"Nothing," Wooyoung sings with a mischievous grin.

Scanning the couch, he sees that there is only one spot left... next to Seonghwa.

"Sit! Sit!" Hongjoong ushers San, motioning to the empty spot.

I can't, he thinks before quickly plopping down onto the floor by the other end of the couch.

Seonghwa's eyebrows knit together, his pout falling into a small frown.

So it's true, he is purposefully avoiding me, Seonghwa thinks.

"Sannie, you can't sit on the floor!" Wooyoung whines.

"Yeah, come on, we saved a spot for you!" Mingi adds.

San's heartbeat picks up as he falls into the peer pressure, moving over to the empty spot... next to Seonghwa.

"San, I think Seonghwa needs a hug," Yunho whispers softly in San's ear once he sits down.

He turns his head to Seonghwa, seeing him frown at the television.

Swallowing his anxiety, he dives in for a hug, clinging onto the older.