Pirate King [3]

Hongjoong x Seonghwa

𝕻𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖑𝖞 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕻𝖎𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘...

This all seems so stupid in Seonghwa's eyes. How is a loveless marriage going to benefit anyone, whether it be politically or socially? He slowly begins to fall asleep in his hand listening to his parents drone on about all his potential spouses.

"Park Seonghwa, are you listening?" Mrs. Park shrieks.

"I'll... I'll think about it," he says as he stands up from his chair and walks out the door.

Hongjoong's words echo in his head,

"I'll be here with you,"

"You- you will?"

"Yes, Park. I will,"

He can't help but feel butterflies erupt in his stomach, which gets him thinking... If his parents found out that Hongjoong was the one to notify Seonghwa about his cheating fiancée, then he'd surely be on their good side and-

Maybe what he wants is Hongjoong...

***

During the wee hours of the following day, Seonghwa manages to sneak out of the palace — something he's never done before.

A few night shift guards ask the prince what he is doing up at such a late hour, but Seonghwa assures them that he's just going on a walk around the palace as he is "having trouble sleeping".

This manages to convince the guards, so they let the young man continue on his sleepy travels.

He reaches the 5th floor, where the laundry room takes up a considerable amount of space. A bright idea pops into Seonghwa's mind,

I could exit through the window and then no one could say they saw me leave! There's no way I can get caught with that plan! he thinks.

With a loud thump, he lets go of the makeshift rope and lands on the ground. Initially landing on his feet but quickly losing balance and tumbling onto his backside.

"Ouch," he pouts.

Not wasting much time, Seonghwa begins to walk into the neighbourhood that surrounds the palace.

Very few people are out and about at this hour, but the ones who are, immediately freeze when they realize they're in the presence of the young royal.

Not wanting to cause a ruckus, Seonghwa simply pays no mind to the starstruck citizens. Instead, he opts for continuing his search for Kim Hongjoong.

There's got to be someone who knows him around here! he thinks.

Eventually, he makes it to a beach, about an hour's walk away from the palace. He plops down on a large log close to the shore with a great sigh.

"Am I going crazy or is that him?" he hears a deep voice from far away.

"Don't be silly, why would the soon-to-be king of Korea be sitting at some random beach?" another voice replies, condescendingly.