WDIG (Where Do I Go)

Seonghwa x Wooyoung

Wooyoung is awoken by the doorbell ringing incessantly.

"Who in the several layers of Hell is ringing the doorbell at 6 o'clock in the morning?" he groans, rolling out of bed.

"WHAT DO YOU— Seonghwa?"

Hunched over in front of Wooyoung is Park Seonghwa. He's the new kid at school, a total loner. The only reason he knows where Wooyoung lives is that they had a science project together. Other than that, they've barely spoken.

Seonghwa looks awful — not in a mean way, he's hunched over, hair a mess, bruises litter any visible skin, his bloody shirt is hanging on by a thread, and he's aggressively shivering.

"Seonghwa, what are you doing outside in 2°C weather with no coat on? What happened to your shirt, and your face?" Wooyoung spits out questions faster than Seonghwa can even process in his messed-up state.

He lifts his head to look at Wooyoung, his pupils are blown.

"I didn't know where else to go..." he whispers before his eyes flutter shut and he collapses from exhaustion.

Wooyoung barely manages to catch Seonghwa before he hits the ground.

"Seonghwa! Seonghwa! Come on, wake up Seonghwa!" Wooyoung shouts as he shakes the unconscious boy in his arms.

Wooyoung hauls Seonghwa up off the ground, carrying him bridal style over to his bed, turning on his bedside lamp.

He feels Seonghwa's forehead wincing when he feels how hot it is. Definitely a fever.

He goes to the medicine cabinet in his washroom to fetch a thermometer. His suspicion is confirmed when the thermometer beeps a red 38°C at him.

Wooyoung begins to peel Seonghwa's shirt and cargo jogging pants off his body, leaving him just in his socks and boxers to check out his cuts and bruises.

Seonghwa shivers again as the cool air meets his bare skin.

His knees are bleeding, dripping slowly down his legs. His thighs are bruised, along with his stomach, chest, and all over his arms, his neck looks like he was choked, his right cheek already a deep purple. His lips are so dry they could crack and begin bleeding any minute now. His nostrils are crusty with dried blood.

Wooyoung waddles back into the washroom to grab a first-aid kit. He wipes the blood off his legs and knees with a damp towel along with the many cuts on his stomach before bandaging them up.

He decides to leave the bruises to heal on their own. He takes a black sweatshirt and light gray sweatpants out of his closet.

"These look like they should fit him," Wooyoung mutters.

It turns out it's a bit harder to dress someone than undress them.

But despite his struggles, he manages to get Seonghwa dressed again.

Wooyoung goes to the freezer to grab an ice pack for both Seonghwa's forehead and cheek. While he's down there he decides to grab a water bottle out of the fridge so Seonghwa can regain hydration.

Once Wooyoung places the cold packs on Seonghwa's face he begins to stir, finally breaking out of his unconscious state.

He lets out a pathetic whine while knitting his eyebrows.

His eyes slowly flutter open, meeting Wooyoung's.

"Hey, Seonghwa. I'm going to help you sit up a bit so you can have some sips from this bottle of water." Wooyoung softly tells Seonghwa.