Like Old Friends

Happy Star Wars Day, guys!OK, it's a bit late, but I was going to update and I was going to be very proud of myself, bit then I feel asleep, so it for delayed, and I felt like I owed you a nice, long, juicy chapter, so here you go!

I stared at the farm boy in fear as his speeder came to a stop. He stumbled off, making his way drunkenly towards us. I could see the pain on his face, his aura leaking sadness and despair. I knew what was coming. I took a deep breath and held it, wishing for the first time on my life that I had never been a part of the Emperor's schemes.

"They're dead." He sniffed. He looked up at Obi-Wan and my heart skipped a beat. Luke's blue eyes were rimmed with red, his expression holding pain. Pure, raw grief ripped through my stomach. I didn't know this boy, yet he felt so familiar. It was to easy to feel his pain as my own. I had no mother, and hadn't known the existence of my father for quite some time. I knew what it was like to have no parental figure, and to feel the loose every day as those stronger than I whipped me with the truth.

Yet I felt his grief differently. It wasn't just his family that we had lost. I had just let go of all hope surrounding my father. He was lost to me, just as he had between years ago. There was nothing for me to hold onto.

"Let me go with you." Luke said softly, eager to change his mind. There was nothing for him with his guardians dead. Frowning, I ducked my head as the grief overcame his thoughts once more. It was best to keep my heritage secret then.

"And me." I said, looking at the pair. There was nothing left to be said.

Minutes ticked by as we flew across the open sands. We made quick progress of the distance to Mos Eisley, as the faster we made it onboard a ship to Alderaan, the better. The sooner we would be out of here, and the farther away we would leave the clones tracking us down. Tracking me in particular.

I could tell it wasn't much of a secret where I landed on Tatooine, but I had expected more leeway with the amount of time the clones would be on my trail. I guess it has been easy to decipher which footprints had been mine, as the two droids, R2 and C-3PO would have left behind distinctly robotic tracks. Of course, then I had wanted to be found, and worried that the wind would blow the sand over my footprints before the clones found me. I guess that hadn't been the case. But now that the clones were here, in the city, promptly complicated things.

The second we neared the city, Obi-Wan tossed me a large brown cloak, which I shrugged on immediately, thankful for the slight amount of coverage it guaranteed from both the sun, and prying eyes. And with no time to spare, wet pulled into the crowded street, only to be stopped by a by pair of dull clones.

"These aren't the droids you're looking for." Obi said, waking his hand gently. The clone looked blankly at us, then repeated the message to the other.

"Holy...." Obi-Wan cut my of with a look that clearly stated If-your-father-heard-what-you-are-saying-he-would-personally-behead-you. I grinned sheepishly. "You've got to teach me that." The old Jedi shook his head gently. I knew what he was thinking. I could get out of so much trouble with that trick up my sleeve.

"Aww, c'mon!" I said, tugging on his sleeve as we left the clones behind us. "Imagine all the fun I could have with that." Ben chucked, so I knew he had thought about what mischief I would get up to. When you're surrounded by dimwitted clones, it's reasonably easy to get bored, making trouble the fun.

"Here we are." Ben said, nodding at a dull colored building. I looked it over carefully, my mind going haywire at the thought of how many Imperial scalawags were in there. It would be too easy to run into one, knock my hood down, and be found. Bartering for a ride to Coruscant would be a peice of cake. But I wasn't in this for myself. Luke had lost his only family thanks to mine, and this Princess Leia reminded me of a dream I had once, of a queen in a far off, beautiful green land. But I brushed the thoughts off. It would be easiest to focus on finding passage to Alderaan without searching my thoughts simultaneously for who the pair reminded me of.

It was as if we were old friends, reunited, but with no recollection of the time we had spent together previously. It was probably nothing, just a worthless premonition that would equivoque for nothing. After all, future telling was something my father did not try to train me in. My skills were probably just rusty. She was probably someone I had learned about in my History class, as a princess. And Luke could have been a person at school.

That was before I learned his last name.

Boom, 900 words! Are you proud of me or what? Anyways, sorry for the last update, and happy belated Star Wars Day!