Mara Jade

"How'd it go?"

Kiara flounced over to me, a much older student behind her.

"Fine, I guess." I mumbled, not knowing how to react to Kiara's open kindness. This life was going to be very different from my slavery with Xitis. I could already tell.

"Lani, this is Mara Jade, your "big sister". Every one at school has one. Teachers pair an older student with a younger one, to help them learn. Mara's yours."

The redheaded girl have me a sly smile. "Nice to meet you, Lani."

I returned the greeting shyly. Then Kiara left us to get myself settled in.

Vader's POV

"Enter." Came the frail voice of my master. I did so, bowing my head. "Something is on your mind, Lord Vader. A heavy question..." Darth Sidious trailed off, wanting the satisfaction of hearing my burdening question.

"My Lord,",I began, kneeling on front of the sith. "On Dantooine I found my..... Daughter."

The sith lord scoffed. "The offspring of Anakin Skywalker is not our concern."

I tensed. "My lord, she has more midi-clorians than any other life form. The force is strong in her, stronger than my......Skywalker. If she were to be trained..."

The sith sighed. "You have already brought her to Corucsaunt, haven't you?"

I nodded, bowing my head. "Very well. You shall bring her before me, and I shall decide her fate."

I didn't move. Sidious had already dismissed me, but thoughts were still swarming around my head.

"You have another comment, Lord Vader?"

"I haven't told her. She doesn't know I'm her father."