The Cantina

The cantina was crowded when we entered. I had expected a smaller crowd for such a desolate planet, but was proven wrong promptly by the busyness that reverberated throughout the entire place. The bar was tense and terse, and I could practically sense the anxiety that accumulated as we entered. To them we were foreigners, people who has to be observed, their behaviors watched to be sure we weren't a threat. Trying to act natural, I stuck my chin up in the air and pushed my shoulders back, following Obi-Wan to the bar. I looked around, my eyes scanning the creatures around us. I pretended to look occupied, not wanting to be offered a drink. Instead, I kept my head low.

"We don't serve their kind!"

I jumped. Looking up frantically, I trueness to see that Luke and the two droids had begun to follow us in. Luke looked confused for a moment before catching the man's drift. "Say, 3-PO, why don't you and R-2 go wait outside? We won't be long."

Giggling, I thanked my lucky stars that I didn't own any droids. I had spent half a day with these two incessant piles off metal, and was growing to dislike them more and more. And it probably didn't help that Luke was such a good sport about them. Had they been my droids, I would have ripped apart their circuiting.

As Luke choose a seat at the bar, I trailed Obi-Wan as he meandered through the bar looking for a suitable pilot. After several minutes of conversing with several different creatures in multiple languages, we ran into a wookie who lead us to a man sitting in a corner. At first glance, he looked like a regular hotshot, his legs propped up on the table, arms resting behind his head.

"We are looking for a ride to Alderaan." Ben said. "Only passengers are myself, this fellow, and a young man. Two droids, no questions asked."

The rest of the conversation went fairly well. After boasting about his ship, The Millennium Hawk or something, for a full five minutes, he agreed to ferry is there. After making plans to meet him in a nearby docking site, I followed Obi-Wan and Luke out of the cantina, glancing over my shoulder to be sure we weren't behind watched.

After reuniting with the two droids, who had wandered off during our leave of absence, we made our way to the dock with seconds to spare. Clones came risking around the corner, blasters on their hands. Obi-Wan shoved me and Luke onto the the ship, and we didn't look back, thinking onto the safe interior, waiting anxiously for our pilot and friend to return.

They did so only seconds later. The pilot, Han, was yelling at the wookie, telling him to take off. It didn't take a genius to know that the lurch that followed was the thrusters turning on, and us shooting into the atmosphere.

Sorry for the really late update, and the folder chapter. I promise things will get better..... Time to go rewatch the 4th Star Wars!